+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lockdown, Canada Entry & PR Card Validity !!

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi All- I was just curious what's happening to those people who are unable to furnish their PR requirement of minimum 2 year stay in Canada due to Lockdown and Canada Entry ban because of Covid? Say someone came to his/her native country but is stuck there and unable to come back to Canada to furnish the minimum 730 days stay in Canada in order to continue his/her PR?

Is there any time relaxation given by Canada govt in such cases? Is Canada govt considering such genuine cases?

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Hi All- I was just curious what's happening to those people who are unable to furnish their PR requirement of minimum 2 year stay in Canada due to Lockdown and Canada Entry ban because of Covid? Say someone came to his/her native country but is stuck there and unable to come back to Canada to furnish the minimum 730 days stay in Canada in order to continue his/her PR?

Is there any time relaxation given by Canada govt in such cases? Is Canada govt considering such genuine cases?
Actually, there was no entry ban to Canada due to covid. PR could always travel and quarantine.

As far as I know, there is no blanket relaxation, each case will be evaluated on it's own basis.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015

There is no official policy for relaxing RO, although H&C considerations are always considered. Keep in mind if you are very short of residency, you’ll need to provide evidence of the rest of the time you were absent.