+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Location application

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Hi,
I have a really dumb question. I see people talking about location of application. I thought all applications are send to the same address, independent of where you live? So what am I missing here?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Hi,
I have a really dumb question. I see people talking about location of application. I thought all applications are send to the same address, independent of where you live? So what am I missing here?
They are asking about the location of the applicant, not the IRCC. After AOR, your file will be sent to local field office depending on your (applicant) location. They are asking this information because each office has different timelines. For example GTA offices could take more time because they have more applications compared to other areas. Good luck!

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
They are asking about the location of the applicant, not the IRCC. After AOR, your file will be sent to local field office depending on your (applicant) location. They are asking this information because each office has different timelines. For example GTA offices could take more time because they have more applications compared to other areas. Good luck!
Thank you, so that's not something I have to/can decide or fill in? It's all sent to the same address and distributed from there?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Thank you, so that's not something I have to/can decide or fill in? It's all sent to the same address and distributed from there?
Yes, you are right. All goes to Centralized in-take (Sydney) then they will be distributed to respective field office (based on your location) after AOR.

Reactions: Gemini020