+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO > Work Permit > PR

magon

Mar 3, 2014
Hello

I have been offered a job by a client of mine in Canada (currently I have a business in the UK that does niche work for the client but he feels he needs someone who he can work with face 2 face hence the job offer).

Clearly we need to wait for the LMO to be processed and then if successful apply for a work permit.

1) Is it hard to get an LMO? The work we do is particularly niche and an understanding of certain UK financial products is essential hence why I am hopefully of being successful
2) Does a work permit dependent on past criminal convictions? When I was 18 (now 43) I was convicted of theft and arson, received a fine and no prison sentence and I have never been in trouble since. Hardly proud of what I did but it was a defining moment in my life and even now it crops up to haunt me :-(
3) I have a wife and 3 children I'd be bringing to CA, given that we have visits canada a few times and we do like it, if we wanted to look at becoming permanent residents after X number of years working in Canada does this make the process easier? My wife is a qualified teacher in the UK and would consider retrain to teach in CA too.

I appreciate your time in reading my post, embarrassed about the conviction but I'd rather be up front to get the right answers.

Many Thanks

MT

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) it depends pretty much how it is easy or difficult to find a Canadaian employee to do the job.
2) yes , it is. You should consult an immigration lawyer.
3) When she gets Canadian teaching qualification.

Recentry the immigration law in Canada has been changing so often that it is difficult to predict what will be X years from now.
You may read about current rules at www.cic.gc.ca