+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Rejected - Please Help!

colmforest

Sep 2, 2009
Hey Guys,

My girlfriend's LMO application just got rejected this morning, and we're both devistated. I am applying for a LMO for my job, but it's only short-term (at most 5 months) and we would like to stay and work longer than that.

Is there anything she can do to appeal her LMO rejection and does it tend to work? The reason she was rejected was because they said it wasn't highly skilled enough (Buyer's Assistant) and doesn't require 3rd level education to perform this role. So I ask, is there anything we can do?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

colmforest said:
Hey Guys,

My girlfriend's LMO application just got rejected this morning, and we're both devistated. I am applying for a LMO for my job, but it's only short-term (at most 5 months) and we would like to stay and work longer than that.

Is there anything she can do to appeal her LMO rejection and does it tend to work? The reason she was rejected was because they said it wasn't highly skilled enough (Buyer's Assistant) and doesn't require 3rd level education to perform this role. So I ask, is there anything we can do?

Thanks!
No appeal, the only one who could request reconsideration is the prospective employer.

PMM

uncrase

Nov 3, 2009
It's probably to late by now but in case someone else will find this post:

From personal experience (a close friend of mine): When you ask for reconsideration, be careful and provide ALL the facts right there and right then.

DO NOT ask for reconsideration (ie by faxing that you would like it to be reconsidered) and then hope to provide the details after because from my experience, they get the fax, look at the file, and before you even have the chance to explain they will have "reconsidered" it, and rejected it.