+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO for Vineyard Job

JamesC85

Apr 19, 2013
Hi there all, here goes.

• So I am currently on an IEC 2012 visa, expiring July 16th 2013.
  • I have sent away my application for Permanent Residency and Open Work Permit
  • Going from an IEC to OWP does not grant me Implied Status and the ability to work.
  • I could be illegible to work until I get an OWP, which could be in 8 months time, and I really want to continue working!
    • I work at a Vineyard & Winery and recently my employer applied for an LMO which was denied.
    • It was denied because my job title "Vineyard Foreman" does not match my job description, which takes place in a) The Vineyard, and b) Some lower-skilled wine cellar duties (not winemaker). They told my employer this is 2 separate jobs and the wage rate is not fair. Unfortunately they did not specify what a correct Job Title would be, or correct wage, or correct job description. So left in the dark here.
    • My employer now wants to try and reapply for an LMO under lower-skilled class, to keep me working whilst my other applications are in progress.

Is there anyone out there who got a positive LMO through a vineyard type job? And if so, what title and job description did you use?

Right now I am trawling the Job Bank, WorkBC and other wine industry related job sites, in search for 1) Permanent Full Time, 2) Wage rates 3) Job title & description.

The main criteria for an LMO, I think... is:
    • Full time, 40 hours per week, permanent
    • Job Title matches Job Description

Amongst the other standards like proof of seeking out Canadian workers etc.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
    Cheers for your time!

James

JamesC85

Apr 19, 2013
Sorry for the double Post, could all replies please be done on the other post. I'm not allowed to report my own mistake to the moderator!