+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO for a Vineyard Job

JamesC85

Apr 19, 2013
Hi there all, here goes.

• So I am currently on an IEC 2012 visa, expiring July 16th 2013.
  • I have sent away my application for Permanent Residency and Open Work Permit
  • Going from an IEC to OWP does not grant me Implied Status and the ability to work.
  • I could be illegible to work until I get an OWP, which could be in 8 months time, and I really want to continue working!
    • I work at a Vineyard & Winery and recently my employer applied for an LMO which was denied.
    • It was denied because my job title "Vineyard Foreman" does not match my job description, which takes place in a) The Vineyard, and b) Some lower-skilled wine cellar duties (not winemaker). They told my employer this is 2 separate jobs and the wage rate is not fair. Unfortunately they did not specify what a correct Job Title would be, or correct wage, or correct job description. So left in the dark here.
    • My employer now wants to try and reapply for an LMO under lower-skilled class, to keep me working whilst my other applications are in progress.

Is there anyone out there who got a positive LMO through a vineyard type job? And if so, what title and job description did you use?

Right now I am trawling the Job Bank, WorkBC and other wine industry related job sites, in search for 1) Permanent Full Time, 2) Wage rates 3) Job title & description.

The main criteria for an LMO, I think... is:
    • Full time, 40 hours per week, permanent
    • Job Title matches Job Description

Amongst the other standards like proof of seeking out Canadian workers etc.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
    Cheers for your time!

James