+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

dexsabido27

Jul 14, 2021
Hello,
I have applied as foreign worker in Alberta thru a consultant last Nov. 2020 and during the process i have paid almost half of the required consultant fees but no further result after more than a year of processing until i have run out of funds. So i tried to apply in an agency here in the Philippines and passed the interview for Quebec last December 2021 and by that time and on January this year 2022 the agency started to process my application of CAQ/LMIA. In short, i have 2 lmia applications, 1 in Alberta and 1 in Quebec? And just the other day the consultant emailed me that my lmia for Alberta has been approved. Question is, will it affect my lmia application in Quebec because i prefer to work in Quebec because the employer will shoulder all the processing fees rather than in Alberta that i will have to shoulder all my processing fees? And what will happen to my LMIA application in Quebec now that my LMIA in Alberta was approved? Please can you help me with this?Thank you and have a nice day!!!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,
I have applied as foreign worker in Alberta thru a consultant last Nov. 2020 and during the process i have paid almost half of the required consultant fees but no further result after more than a year of processing until i have run out of funds. So i tried to apply in an agency here in the Philippines and passed the interview for Quebec last December 2021 and by that time and on January this year 2022 the agency started to process my application of CAQ/LMIA. In short, i have 2 lmia applications, 1 in Alberta and 1 in Quebec? And just the other day the consultant emailed me that my lmia for Alberta has been approved. Question is, will it affect my lmia application in Quebec because i prefer to work in Quebec because the employer will shoulder all the processing fees rather than in Alberta that i will have to shoulder all my processing fees? And what will happen to my LMIA application in Quebec now that my LMIA in Alberta was approved? Please can you help me with this?Thank you and have a nice day!!!
I am not sure about your mindset but if I were in your shoes I would have gone ahead with the things in my hand, also Alberta is bit faster in PNP nomination. Hope this helps.