+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

NewtoVisa

Jul 31, 2020
yes, please check ESDC website. there was an update on their website as well that they are processing certain categories on priority basis. thanks
Hi There,

I wonder if there is any website talking about how to get a LMIA for PR express entry only (not for WP), my employer is willing to support me on this (i have open WP), but they don't know the procedure. They had experience in applying LMIA for close WP for my colleagues, but no experience in LMIA for PR. To my understanding, this process will be less complicated compared to LMIA for WP.

Or any brief information from you would be appreciated!

Thank you

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
Hi There,

I wonder if there is any website talking about how to get a LMIA for PR express entry only (not for WP), my employer is willing to support me on this (i have open WP), but they don't know the procedure. They had experience in applying LMIA for close WP for my colleagues, but no experience in LMIA for PR. To my understanding, this process will be less complicated compared to LMIA for WP.

Or any brief information from you would be appreciated!

Thank you
if i were you i would retain a immigration professional to do LMIA for PR. The procedure is almost similar as that of LMIA for work permit. For PR LMIA, you don't need to pay ESDC fees, it's free for PR LMIA. other than that advertisement procedure and wage rate is same. The other difference is processing time, PR LMIA usually takes less than WP LMIA. Lastly, usually PR candidates are PGWP, so they don't need to apply for visa and most of the PR candidates are already working for the same employer. Being working for the same employer is kinda advantage to prove that employer has hardships to find other worker for the same position. Please refer to this link for more information, https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/permanent/apply.html

Reactions: Titiclassy

NewtoVisa

Jul 31, 2020
if i were you i would retain a immigration professional to do LMIA for PR. The procedure is almost similar as that of LMIA for work permit. For PR LMIA, you don't need to pay ESDC fees, it's free for PR LMIA. other than that advertisement procedure and wage rate is same. The other difference is processing time, PR LMIA usually takes less than WP LMIA. Lastly, usually PR candidates are PGWP, so they don't need to apply for visa and most of the PR candidates are already working for the same employer. Being working for the same employer is kinda advantage to prove that employer has hardships to find other worker for the same position. Please refer to this link for more information, https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/permanent/apply.html
Thank you so much for your information, after asking my coworker who has LMIA for WP, she said this process should be handled by the company's lawyer. I am not sure if you are also know that, if I got the LMIA for PR, am I still eligible to apply the bridge work permit? Since my PGWP will be expired soon at the time I am eligible for CEC stream, I would need to extend my work permit, which I know I can do the Bridge Work Permit if I am currently holding a open work permit. But I am not sure if i am still eligible to apply the Bridge Work Permit once I got the LMIA.

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
Thank you so much for your information, after asking my coworker who has LMIA for WP, she said this process should be handled by the company's lawyer. I am not sure if you are also know that, if I got the LMIA for PR, am I still eligible to apply the bridge work permit? Since my PGWP will be expired soon at the time I am eligible for CEC stream, I would need to extend my work permit, which I know I can do the Bridge Work Permit if I am currently holding a open work permit. But I am not sure if i am still eligible to apply the Bridge Work Permit once I got the LMIA.
it does not have to be your company lawyer anyways. you are allowed to retain yours as long as your employer is helping you to support your LMIA. For Bridge work permit, yes you are eligible. for that you need to have job offer and other supporting documentation.

Last edited: