+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Work Permit

suneIl

Jul 20, 2017
Hello all,
Please help me....I want to know if I should ask my employer (relative) to apply for LMIA so that I can get a work permit and start work while I am a visitor in Canada and waiting for result of my HSW application. Thanks all

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,
Please help me....I want to know if I should ask my employer (relative) to apply for LMIA so that I can get a work permit and start work while I am a visitor in Canada and waiting for result of my HSW application. Thanks all
You can ask your employer to file for a LMIA. What is the NOC? They will have to prove that they advertised for the job and couldn't find a Canadian or PR to hire.

Reactions: suneIl

suneIl

Jul 20, 2017
You can ask your employer to file for a LMIA. What is the NOC? They will have to prove that they advertised for the job and couldn't find a Canadian or PR to hire.
Thanks for your answer. My noc is Home support worker. I've applied for the HSW pilot and waiting result. Is there any link to find process to apply for LMIA work permit? Thanks lot

suneIl

Jul 20, 2017
Two different applications and programs so should not be an issue.
Thanks Naturgrl i read link for LMIA and my employer has to submit 2020 NOA but he didn't earn much then. He is earning better in 2021 does anyone know if I should still apply for the LMIA with low 2020 income...maybe they will consider the latest income of 2021.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks Naturgrl i read link for LMIA and my employer has to submit 2020 NOA but he didn't earn much then. He is earning better in 2021 does anyone know if I should still apply for the LMIA with low 2020 income...maybe they will consider the latest income of 2021.
Does he meet LICO for the total number of people in his family plus adding your full time salary at the average wage for his region? He can wait until he gets his NOA for 2021.

suneIl

Jul 20, 2017
Does he meet LICO for the total number of people in his family plus adding your full time salary at the average wage for his region? He can wait until he gets his NOA for 2021.
Thanks yes I have to find out how to calculate that but I think can apply in 2022 when he gets noa for 2021.

suneIl

Jul 20, 2017
Thanks yes I have to find out how to calculate that but I think can apply in 2022 when he gets noa for 2021.
Hi should the total number of people in his family include me as I will be living in with him? For average wage, I can just google it or is there a specific website I should refer to. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi should the total number of people in his family include me as I will be living in with him? For average wage, I can just google it or is there a specific website I should refer to. Thanks
Total number is those in his family including spouse and children under 22, not you. Wage can be found on Job Bank. You calculate full time.

suneIl

Jul 20, 2017
Total number is those in his family including spouse and children under 22, not you. Wage can be found on Job Bank. You calculate full time.
Thanks so I should calculate as follows?
Annual income of employer minus my annual wage. The result should be more than LICO.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks so I should calculate as follows?
Annual income of employer minus my annual wage. The result should be more than LICO.
Thanks
The employer wants a high income because if the person is paying you $30-40k, the employer needs to show that a large percentage of the income is not taken up by your salary/benefits. There would be concerns that the person would not be able to support, the caregiver (you) and their own expenses.

The calculation is a minimum amount required for salary. It must be more than LICO.