+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA processing

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Has anyone had luck getting their lmia processed recently? My husband is under high wage stream and his employer submitted application back in February. The payment was taken at the end of March and it’s been crickets since then. I know covid has slowed things down. Could I expect the employer to hear something soon? Waiting is so difficult

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Has anyone had luck getting their lmia processed recently? My husband is under high wage stream and his employer submitted application back in February. The payment was taken at the end of March and it’s been crickets since then. I know covid has slowed things down. Could I expect the employer to hear something soon? Waiting is so difficult
It's super hard to say unfortunately.

One thing we have seen quite a bit lately is that employers are being contacted and are being asked (1) do they still need the foreign worker given COVID-19 and if they say yes, (2) they are being asked to advertise the job again for 2 weeks given COVID-19 job losses and the fact there are far more Canadians looking for work now (i.e. they are being asked to provide further evidence that a Canadian could not be found for the role).

Since your husband's LMIA was submitted before things really hit, quite possible this may be then next contact the employer receives.

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
It's super hard to say unfortunately.

One thing we have seen quite a bit lately is that employers are being contacted and are being asked (1) do they still need the foreign worker given COVID-19 and if they say yes, (2) they are being asked to advertise the job again for 2 weeks given COVID-19 job losses and the fact there are far more Canadians looking for work now (i.e. they are being asked to provide further evidence that a Canadian could not be found for the role).

Since your husband's LMIA was submitted before things really hit, quite possible this may be then next contact the employer receives.
That makes sense. The employer has been advertising for the entire duration on the job bank site and the ad is still up currently. Would they have to resubmit everything after two more weeks? Like the time frame would start over again? Thank you for your response

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That makes sense. The employer has been advertising for the entire duration on the job bank site and the ad is still up currently. Would they have to resubmit everything after two more weeks? Like the time frame would start over again? Thank you for your response
It's a requirement to continue advertising on job bank (or in at least one location) until a decision is made in the LMIA. This part of your husband's LMIA application is normal. This was normal pre-COVID-19.

What has recently been different is that employers have been asked to re-advertise for two weeks. This is the full advertisement - not only job bank but two other locations as well per the LMIA requirements.

People aren't being asked to resubmit everything after the two weeks. Just the proof of additional advertisement.

But again, your husband's employer won't necessarily be asked for this.

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
It's a requirement to continue advertising on job bank (or in at least one location) until a decision is made in the LMIA. This part of your husband's LMIA application is normal. This was normal pre-COVID-19.

What has recently been different is that employers have been asked to re-advertise for two weeks. This is the full advertisement - not only job bank but two other locations as well per the LMIA requirements.

People aren't being asked to resubmit everything after the two weeks. Just the proof of additional advertisement.

But again, your husband's employer won't necessarily be asked for this.
Oh okay that makes sense then. Thank you for explaining that. I was afraid that made the time frame start back from the beginning.