Jan 25, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Every one,

I need suggestions.

My employer had applied for LMIA on Jan 29 2016, We got a reply back on feb 16,2016 asking for additional documents (Job Advt not older than 3 months). Since then there was internal discussions between the human resource dept and business owner to proceed with the application. Finally on 5 June 2016 they posted online job advt on job bank and other websites. But my Work permit is expiring by 17 July 2016. My job pays me $ 17/hr which is below median wage for ontario ( $22/hr). I have no PNP invitation yet.

Now i am dilemma, of what to do. My WP expiry is coming soon. I have 461 points on profile with 2 more draws left. Implied status is not an option for me. Again should i apply for study visa or visitor??? Or is there any other way? What if i get file number for LMIA by applying online, can i apply for Work permit extension (Paper based) if i get file number of LMIA (expecting to apply for LMIA on July 1 st week by online).

Please.... suggest me... its very frustrating... please help.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
You can apply for WP extension with LMIA number before WP expiry for implied status.

You can apply visitors before WP expiry or during restoration period, most likely you'll get it depending on your funds.

How long you've been in Canada ? Student visa will heavily depend on duration of your stay. i was there for 3 years then i applied student after visitors, didn't get it Reason- my travel history and i was supposed to be temporary lol

I know it sucks but you've to go by the rules here, don't go out of status either go to your home country apply express entry or try to improve score now.
I know many people who suffered during AINP backlogs, many of them are out of status and overstaying which will haunt them back when applying for PR later if they ever get chance, so think long term.

Good luck

RAKII

Jan 25, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the reply. I came here in 2012, attended school for 16 months (2 year diploma program in food science) and my PGWP is of 3 years duration starting July 2013 to July 2016. It took 1 year for me to get a job in my field of study (food science) here but those jobs didn't last longer, may be 6 months in food industries.
I did my bachelors in veterinary science and animal husbandry from India before i came here, so with those credentials and work experience of back home i managed to get a job as veterinary technician here (NOC 3213) starting Sep 2014 until present. I made a EE profile with NOC 3213 and CRS quoted me 461 points. This happend in the month of Feb 2016 when OINP is closed and scores never came down and employer started playing hide and seek game to make a decision regarding LMIA.

1. Will i get LMIA file number readily soon after i apply it online?? or does it take some time for getting it?
2. Regard less of outcome for LMIA, can i apply for WP extension using file number? Paper application for WP extension is taking 110 days as of now. In the mean while LMIA decision will be out. So can i excpet a nail biting situation?
3. I am thinking to get admission in any course by June 17 th and apply for student visa again, i have 10k CAD funds in my A/C to show the CIC ? What is the best option.

dell2 said:
You can apply for WP extension with LMIA number before WP expiry for implied status.

You can apply visitors before WP expiry or during restoration period, most likely you'll get it depending on your funds.

How long you've been in Canada ? Student visa will heavily depend on duration of your stay. i was there for 3 years then i applied student after visitors, didn't get it Reason- my travel history and i was supposed to be temporary lol

I know it sucks but you've to go by the rules here, don't go out of status either go to your home country apply express entry or try to improve score now.
I know many people who suffered during AINP backlogs, many of them are out of status and overstaying which will haunt them back when applying for PR later if they ever get chance, so think long term.

Good luck

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
1) When my employer applied last year they got it within 3 weeks but your employer will have to push Service Canada officer for that number. I don't know about online process.
2) Yes, You can apply using LMIA number, without that forms don't validate. At least that's what happened when i was applying. Just make sure to apply work permit extension before expiry of your work permit and keep receipts and record of all for confirmation of implied status.
3) You need to decide whether you're going to apply for student or visitors or both after WP extension. With that 10k you'll have to pay for tuition fee as well ? Visa officer will review accommodation, living expenses as well. After WP expiry, i restored my status as Visitors for 6 months twice (Approved) then student (Not approved). So, you can decide whatever you think is best suitable for you. I had more than 12k in bank account that time after paying for tuition fees.

RAKII

Jan 25, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Employer started posting job on indeed and other websites from June 1st and job bank took some time to publish job on their site, job came live on job bank website on 7 june (Yesterday). With minimum of 30 days posting when can i apply for LMIA? My work permit expiring on 17 th July. Should i loose hope on LMIA then? or else can i send paper application for WP extension with out LMIA number before my WP expiry and then later update CIC with LMIA application number on paper application i filed for WP extension. Is that possible or am i crazy with the thoughts.

dell2 said:
1) When my employer applied last year they got it within 3 weeks but your employer will have to push Service Canada officer for that number. I don't know about online process.
2) Yes, You can apply using LMIA number, without that forms don't validate. At least that's what happened when i was applying. Just make sure to apply work permit extension before expiry of your work permit and keep receipts and record of all for confirmation of implied status.
3) You need to decide whether you're going to apply for student or visitors or both after WP extension. With that 10k you'll have to pay for tuition fee as well ? Visa officer will review accommodation, living expenses as well. After WP expiry, i restored my status as Visitors for 6 months twice (Approved) then student (Not approved). So, you can decide whatever you think is best suitable for you. I had more than 12k in bank account that time after paying for tuition fees.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Not to discourage you, but don't just solely rely on LMIA it's very demanding and time consuming process. We had it running on 4 different sites and they didn't approve us because not enough recruitment. You can send paper application without number but I doubt forms will validate without lmia number but if you can find anyway validating send it with letter of explanation that you've not received lmia number yet and will update upon receiving it. It is possible you're not crazy lol

RAKII

Jan 25, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Plan A : Safety first, I will apply for student visa by June 17th.
Plan B : Apply LMIA by July 10th using online.
Plan C : Apply for WP extension before my expiry (July 17th) and include a letter of explanation for LMIA as you mentioned.
Plan D : If luck favours, CIC points will come down to 461 (optimistic).

Any additions????? plz reply.. i know i am questioning too much but i am sleepless as of my present situation.

dell2 said:
Not to discourage you, but don't just solely rely on LMIA it's very demanding and time consuming process. We had it running on 4 different sites and they didn't approve us because not enough recruitment. You can send paper application without number but I doubt forms will validate without lmia number but if you can find anyway validating send it with letter of explanation that you've not received lmia number yet and will update upon receiving it. It is possible you're not crazy lol

RAKII

Jan 25, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your patience, I just tried validating form IMM5710 (Application to change in condition). If i choose LMIA stream option in it, its asking LMIA number or else its not validating. Should i choose open work permit or PGWP option? what do you think? :'(

dell2 said:
Looks good.
I know how much it sucks I was in same position as yours but don't worry something will turn up. Do your best and forget the rest. ;)

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Yeah that's tricky I told you it doesn't validate, you should choose lmia option only. Youre not applying for open or pgwp permit. Or call cic see if they give you any option,I doubt so lol

RAKII

Jan 25, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell2 said:
Yeah that's tricky I told you it doesn't validate, you should choose lmia option only. Youre not applying for open or pgwp permit. Or call cic see if they give you any option,I doubt so lol
I have chosen "other" and renamed it "Work Permit - Awaiting for LMIA file number". Then i validated it. Is that good enough. Just wondering.