+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in WA, working in BC?

dogdragon

Apr 26, 2021
Hi!

I am down a deep rabbit hole of trying to figure out the required obligations to uphold Canadian PR. I have found a few various ways that may lead me to Canadian PR - but I am trying to find out if that's the right route for me. I am currently a dual Australian & USA Citizen. I did a WHP to Canada in 2010-2011 and loved it. Have always wanted to go back again.

I have found property in WA (right across the border) that my parents and I are very interested in, and at that point, I would basically have to work in BC.. So IF I pursued the PR process, could I still continue to live in the US, but cross over most days for work in BC? Ultimately, the goal would be to also gain Canadian citizenship. But ideally continue living on the WA side, while being able to freely work within Canada.

What is considered satisfying the PR requirements in regards to this? Am I totally out of luck? It seems feasible, but obviously I don't want to do the wrong thing or get myself in trouble. But this is and would be a perfect set up for me if possible to do.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!

I am down a deep rabbit hole of trying to figure out the required obligations to uphold Canadian PR. I have found a few various ways that may lead me to Canadian PR - but I am trying to find out if that's the right route for me. I am currently a dual Australian & USA Citizen. I did a WHP to Canada in 2010-2011 and loved it. Have always wanted to go back again.

I have found property in WA (right across the border) that my parents and I are very interested in, and at that point, I would basically have to work in BC.. So IF I pursued the PR process, could I still continue to live in the US, but cross over most days for work in BC? Ultimately, the goal would be to also gain Canadian citizenship. But ideally continue living on the WA side, while being able to freely work within Canada.

What is considered satisfying the PR requirements in regards to this? Am I totally out of luck? It seems feasible, but obviously I don't want to do the wrong thing or get myself in trouble. But this is and would be a perfect set up for me if possible to do.
Do you qualify for express entry? What is your CRS score?