+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in Ontario, Working in Quebec, Post-Graduate Work Permit

EHKhiari

Jul 22, 2016
Hi there,

--I have been living in Ottawa for the past 4 years and I intend to remain here.
--I passed the IELTS general test with flying colors on the 29th of August 2015 (1 year 3 months ago).
--I started working as a full-time software developer for a Quebec-based company (in Gatineau) as of October 2015 (over a year ago) under the post-graduate work permit

According to the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Express Entry (EE) program requirements, I am fully elligible.

I tried the 'Come to Canada' tool and it deemed me eligible for Express Entry.

However, I created an EE profile and it deemed me ineligible. My guess is that the employment address that I had to type is in Quebec, since I was not asked for my residential address in the profile creation section. I gave the call centre a call to settle this confusion and was told to fill out an IRCC web enquiry form, which I did twice and received very poor answers that did not address my concern at all.

Any advice on how to proceed? Is the issue really with the employment address, or could I be missing something? Maybe I forgot to fill out a field in one of the profile forms?

Once again, I fully intend to remain in Ottawa. I have proof that I'm currently living here and proof that I've been living here for nearly 4 years. I have family and friend ties in Ontario, as well as academic ties (I recieved a masters of science from the University of Ottawa).

Thank you for your time!
-Hebri

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I m living and working in Ontario. I have previous 1 year of work experience in Montreal. I was able to get points for them in my profile. I guess you are missing out something else.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EHKhiari said:
Hi there,

--I have been living in Ottawa for the past 4 years and I intend to remain here.
--I passed the IELTS general test with flying colors on the 29th of August 2015 (1 year 3 months ago).
--I started working as a full-time software developer for a Quebec-based company (in Gatineau) as of October 2015 (over a year ago) under the post-graduate work permit

According to the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Express Entry (EE) program requirements, I am fully elligible.

I tried the 'Come to Canada' tool and it deemed me eligible for Express Entry.

However, I created an EE profile and it deemed me ineligible. My guess is that the employment address that I had to type is in Quebec, since I was not asked for my residential address in the profile creation section. I gave the call centre a call to settle this confusion and was told to fill out an IRCC web enquiry form, which I did twice and received very poor answers that did not address my concern at all.

Any advice on how to proceed? Is the issue really with the employment address, or could I be missing something? Maybe I forgot to fill out a field in one of the profile forms?

Once again, I fully intend to remain in Ottawa. I have proof that I'm currently living here and proof that I've been living here for nearly 4 years. I have family and friend ties in Ontario, as well as academic ties (I recieved a masters of science from the University of Ottawa).

Thank you for your time!
-Hebri
EXPRESS ENTRY is for people who want to live and work outside quebec,

steelguy

Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you will check the cic website, one of the requirements for EE is that "You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec" (under FSW and CEC). They did not mention work.

bhavcaluk said:
EXPRESS ENTRY is for people who want to live and work outside quebec,

EHKhiari

Jul 22, 2016
mfm said:
I m living and working in Ontario. I have previous 1 year of work experience in Montreal. I was able to get points for them in my profile. I guess you are missing out something else.
What could I be missing? I satisfy every requirement for the EE.

How long have you been working in Ontario?

Thanks!

EHKhiari

Jul 22, 2016
steelguy said:
If you will check the cic website, one of the requirements for EE is that "You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec" (under FSW and CEC). They did not mention work.
Yes you are right. How do I convey my intention to live outside Quebec though?

Thanks!

steelguy

Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are already living outside Quebec so I think you already satisfied that part. Someone posted about EE applicants from Ottawa and working in Gatineau who successfully got their PRs. Try to look for it.

EHKhiari said:
Yes you are right. How do I convey my intention to live outside Quebec though?

Thanks!

EHKhiari

Jul 22, 2016
steelguy said:
You are already living outside Quebec so I think you already satisfied that part. Someone posted about EE applicants from Ottawa and working in Gatineau who successfully got their PRs. Try to look for it.
In the profile forms it didn't ask for my personal address, rather it asked for the employment address, which is why I suspect that they believe that I'm planning to live in Gatineau Quebec. If this is not the case, then I wonder why I was deemed ineligible.

Thanks though, I'll look for those posts.