+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live in caregiver visa and work permit

sak

Dec 9, 2009
Hello everybody,
I have sponsored a live-in caregiver and she got the visa stamp on her passport. Now I have couple of questions:
1. The stamped visa is valid for 16 months. In the contract, I have mentioned that the job may last for 2-3 years. Does it mean she will be issued the "work permit" at the time of entry into Canada?
2. Do I need to provide her a return ticket? Or a one way ticket is sufficient for now?

Thanks,
Sak

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
sak said:
Hello everybody,
I have sponsored a live-in caregiver and she got the visa stamp on her passport. Now I have couple of questions:
1. The stamped visa is valid for 16 months. In the contract, I have mentioned that the job may last for 2-3 years. Does it mean she will be issued the "work permit" at the time of entry into Canada?
2. Do I need to provide her a return ticket? Or a one way ticket is sufficient for now?

Thanks,
Sak
The work permit will reflect the length of time you indicated on your application for LMO. Work Permits are issued at the Port of Entry. You'll provide her air fare coming to Canada for now.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
chusana said:
You have to get her insurance as well.
Hi,

Please read the posts from here and maybe you can PM the worker who did her permit in Buffalo.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/low-skilled-worker-to-livein-caregiver-t31919.0.html