+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Lists of Goods Imported"

Kohl

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
I need some help. When I landed I was given the document "personal effects accounting document (lists of goods imported)" and told to fill it out ASAP and return to the local Border Patrol Office.

I am not going to get my things until November and I have been in Canada for three years. Without having seen my things in person (and based on how much room i have in the Uhaul) this is causing me the following issues:

1. Can't remember everything I own (I had a fully furnished three bedroom home)
2. Can't determine which items I will be importing now versus which should be listed on the "list of goods to follow).
3. Can't determine which stuff I've decided definitely will be coming versus what I will just donate down in the states.

How did you all handle this? And were you all also told to bring your list of goods imported to border security as soon as possible? How soon is soon enough?

Is there any reason I can't bring these lists with me to the border when I am actually importing in November? Is there a reason this list has to be turned in now? It would be much more complete and accurate if I could take an actual accounting at the time of import and not six months prior after having my belongings in storage for three years.

Thanks for the pro tips and information you can share with me.

Kohl

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Bumping myself here....just wondering if anyone has any tips for me before I hand in this list! I hate handing it in with all these questions unanswered...hoping for some advice from someone whose been there and done that. Thanks.