+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

List of goods questions - travel via air but furnitures will be via cargo frm US

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
Hello everyone,
After landing in June this year, we will finally be moving our stuff by the end of November to Calgary, AB. My husband and I will travel via air and will carry some of our smaller stuff (i.e. clothes, electronics, jewelries) with us. Our furnitures on the other hand, will be shipped via a moving company (i.e. U-Pack) from Chicago, IL (USA).

So my question is, should we make a copy of the "List of goods to follow" that was stamped during our initial landing since we will also be bringing some of our stuff with us and just leave the original with the moving company? Wouldn't they look for the original? My concern is how would they know that none of the things in the list was brought in in duplicate, how can they keep track of the list?

Thanks to anyone who could help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep the original for yourself. The moving company I hired didn't need that document. The moving company will produce their own packing list and bill of laden, which they will give you a copy of those document. Once the goods arrive in Canada, you would be informed by the moving company to bring those document with your original stamped B4 for customs clearance in the local CBSA office. The CBSA will compare the documents and if there is no further issue, they will hand write "completed" in the B4 and then you can schedule for the goods to deliver to your new home. Hope this helps.

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
steaky said:
Keep the original for yourself. The moving company I hired didn't need that document. The moving company will produce their own packing list and bill of laden, which they will give you a copy of those document. Once the goods arrive in Canada, you would be informed by the moving company to bring those document with your original stamped B4 for customs clearance in the local CBSA office. The CBSA will compare the documents and if there is no further issue, they will hand write "completed" in the B4 and then you can schedule for the goods to deliver to your new home. Hope this helps.
Thanks as always, Steaky!