March 2012
Passport Req..
Nov. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Hi all,

I enrolled my wife in the linc english classes and she has started classes. (Funded by CIC for settlement of newcomers).

She got placed in level 3 after assessment by the linc central office in downtown Toronto.

Has anyone else gone through linc and obtained certificate after completion of programme,
How many levels are there in total ?

please share your good/bad experiences with LINC services here!

thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
My wife went there too early ths year in Toronto DT. But I had to move back to Sarnia and hence she couldn't complete the program.

I think LINC comprises of 8 levels in total. She was in level 5 or 6 - can't exactly remember.

I would say the service was good there and I personally met with the teacher. He seemed a nice person. If you're totally new to Canada, aren't exactly doing anything and need to improve your English - LINC will be beneficial to you. It also gives you an exposure to the outside world, you get to mix with different ethnicities especially when you don't have that many family/friends and your better half works during daytime (my case).

The only downside I saw was day-long classes almost each day of the week which were tiresome and difficult to be regular. My wife is a foreign doctor (IMG) and LINC classes were hindering her preparation for medical licensure.

So, I would recommend to attend LINC when you're fresh/new in Canada because it will be hard on you when you get busy with your life.