+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Likeihood of converting visit visa to SOWP

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Hi,
Applying for mu stidnet visa soon. I cant decide between if i Should apply my family (wife amd 2 kids 7 and 9 yrs old) with me on dependent visa or visot visa.

Many suggesting that aoplying visit visa os better which can later be cinverted ti SOWP when my soise us in Canada. Does it really happen easily?

Do my wife need to have job offer to apply for sowp of shes in visit visa in Canada?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can't convert a visitor's visa to anything. You apply for a spousal open work permit and see if it's approved.

There is no guarantee that spousal open work permits will be approved. Pre-COVID, it felt like only 50% got approved.

She does not need a job offer to apply if she is on a visitor's visa.

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
You can't convert a visitor's visa to anything. You apply for a spousal open work permit and see if it's approved.

There is no guarantee that spousal open work permits will be approved. Pre-COVID, it felt like only 50% got approved.

She does not need a job offer to apply if she is on a visitor's visa.
Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I think that its better to apply sowp along with my stidy permit. To try my luck
Be aware that this may make your study permit application look like you have fewer times back home and fewer reasons to leave Canada, causing a rejection.