Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
I am creating this thread with the hope that we will share information and resources about how to do well now that all these measures are taking place.
Please have your say on how to get the funds that the government is preparing for us that are now left unemployed because businesses are closing

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am creating this thread with the hope that we will share information and resources about how to do well now that all these measures are taking place.
Please have your say on how to get the funds that the government is preparing for us that are now left unemployed because businesses are closing
It vary by province.

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Hi All,
My brother landed in Canada in Jan 2020. He has been trying to find a job in IT but was unable to do so. Now with COVID 19 . It's so much more hard to land any kind of job. Would he be eligible for the compensation provided by the government..even though he did not work anytime in canada .... looking forward to your response....thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi All,
My brother landed in Canada in Jan 2020. He has been trying to find a job in IT but was unable to do so. Now with COVID 19 . It's so much more hard to land any kind of job. Would he be eligible for the compensation provided by the government..even though he did not work anytime in canada .... looking forward to your response....thanks
1. No, he is not eligible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
That is why you are required to bring funds with you. Had your brother been searching for jobs throughout Canada? I am surprised he could not find an IT job anywhere. What type of work does he do? Has he contacted any IT recruiters?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
About being delivery boys and girls? In my neighborhood KFC and Church chicken, I saw many skip dishes people come and go.

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hi All,

According to my research if:

1. Your brother is a PR and has a SIN
2. He had an income of at least $5000. From a job or self-employment.

Then he may qualify for the CERB

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

2. He had an income of at least $5000 (does not have to be Canadian income)

Are you sure he is employed or self employed? Are unemployed eligible?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi All,
I'd suggest one goes thru the CERB website

2. He had an income of at least $5000 (does not have to be Canadian income)

No, he’s had to have lost his job because of Covid or stopped working because of it
This program is not for individuals who have never had a job

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html
  • Who have stopped working because of COVID-19 and have not voluntarily quit their job or are eligible for EI regular or sickness benefits;

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I'd suggest one goes thru the CERB website

No, he’s had to have lost his job because of Covid or stopped working because of it
This program is not for individuals who have never had a job

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html
  • Who have stopped working because of COVID-19 and have not voluntarily quit their job or are eligible for EI regular or sickness benefits;
Right, that's why I said "if he had an income of at least $5000". Which would be a job, or self-employment.

Maybe I didn't make my meaning clear.

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Right, that's why I said "if he had an income of at least $5000". Which would be a job, or self-employment.

Maybe I didn't make my meaning clear.
If they lost their job due to covid , or not working at the job because of covid . People can earn money from jobs , then quit, be dismissed etc

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Right, so if someone had a job or self-employment anytime within the last 12 months or 2019 and made at least $5000, and now they can't find a job or can't do their self-employment work because of covid, then they may qualify for CERB.

I say "may" because they need to meet some other requirements. Some of which include: Must have worked less than 4 months full-time, or less than 8 months part-time. If it's over that then they need to apply for EI not CERB.
I give up

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
That is why you are required to bring funds with you. Had your brother been searching for jobs throughout Canada? I am surprised he could not find an IT job anywhere. What type of work does he do? Has he contacted any IT recruiters?
agree with this.

my cousin landed on the first week of February and was hired by Shopify a week later.