+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lied regarding tb

aamirlatif23

Nov 14, 2023
Hello,
I wasnt aware about my wifes past tb condition as her family lied about it to me for some reason they know best. Hence i declared no past tb history in her student visa application form.

After medical they have seen scarring and have instructed for sputum and xray after 3 mths as well as a ct scan.

The consulting doctor said that since she doesnt have past history and if he sees any scarring on ct scan he will put her on medication.

However after consulting outside doctor they have strictly advised against medication as the tb isnt active.

What should i do ? Should i go back n tell the truth or is there some other option as we are stuck now.

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I wasnt aware about my wifes past tb condition as her family lied about it to me for some reason they know best. Hence i declared no past tb history in her student visa application form.

After medical they have seen scarring and have instructed for sputum and xray after 3 mths as well as a ct scan.

The consulting doctor said that since she doesnt have past history and if he sees any scarring on ct scan he will put her on medication.

However after consulting outside doctor they have strictly advised against medication as the tb isnt active.

What should i do ? Should i go back n tell the truth or is there some other option as we are stuck now.

Thank you.
Yes you need to correct the error or else there will be concern that something is going on. You still are likely to need the sputum test and repeat x-ray but maybe not the CT scan. Why isn’t your wife filling out her own medical history?

aamirlatif23

Nov 14, 2023
Thank you for the reply.
The doctor already adviced ct scan. They have collected sputum and advised xray on 17th jan again.

If i tell them the accurate history now will it affect my application since they will see it as me lying earlier ?

We are following what ircc said, but iam just worried that the physician will put her on medication when she actually doesnt need it.

I think the wifes family wanted to hide from my family due to social trauma hence they didnt inform me about it.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the reply.
The doctor already adviced ct scan. They have collected sputum and advised xray on 17th jan again.

If i tell them the accurate history now will it affect my application since they will see it as me lying earlier ?

We are following what ircc said, but iam just worried that the physician will put her on medication when she actually doesnt need it.

I think the wifes family wanted to hide from my family due to social trauma hence they didnt inform me about it.

Thank you
The longer you don’t correct the lie your wife risks having even more tests to find out what is happening in her lungs. There is a good chance she wouldn’t have been asked to do a ct if the doctor had known she had TB. You can explain that your wife and her family did not want to admit that she had had TB for social sigma reasons and no you have all discussed the importance of providing accurate information or there could be significant repercussions. Apologize profusely and explain that you contacted IRCC as soon as you found out that your wife has had TB.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thank you for the reply.

Thank you
Okay but your wife's family lying to your family is one thing. Why isnt your wife filling the application with you so you can be sure all info is correct? This is your future. Also the doc didn't ask her directly in private? Is there anything else they may be lying about that will bite you in the future?

Reactions: YVR123 and Fizhér