+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Licensed pharmacist - Studies or FSWP

jsgervais

Dec 9, 2020
I am a licensed pharmacist in the Phillipines, and I'm hesitating between studies in pharmacy tech or applying for immigration under skilled express entry program.

Can a rejection from student visa penalize elligibilty to apply for immigration for Federal Skilled Worker Program ?

The reason I'm seeking to do studies first, is the requirement to speak french in Quebec to work as a pharmacist later on. Bridge studies are required for international pharmacy student. Doing pharmacy tech for a year should give me plenty of time to learn french.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can apply to both. If you are a licensed pharamcist the chance of rejection for a study permit for pharmacist tech is high as that requires high school and makes no career sense. You most likely will be rejected. what does French have to do with being a pharmacist other than more points?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It does make sense the student visa will be refused. I believe B2 level or above French to be a requirement to both immigrate in Quebec and to be a licensed pharmacist in Quebec https://www.opq.org/devenir-pharmacien-au-quebec/diplomes-hors-quebec/diplomes-internationaux/
But you can’t apply through express entry and intend to live and work in Quebec. Quebec has its own immigration program so if you want to work in Quebec then don’t look into express entry. Do some research on Quebec immigration.