+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letters

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Hi there,

I didn't see a post on this anywhere, but my question is .... Did anyone write a letter themselves for the visa application? Some sort of letter just explaining things more in depth about the relationship from your point of view and then have your spouse write one from their point of view? I know there is a question about how the relationship developed so would it be fair if he and I both wrote a letter just explaining things more in depth about our relationship, and how we love one another? If so should it be written formally or does someone have some sort of an example? sorry for rambling!

Thank you!

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
Well he had written a development of relationship from his point of view, which was about 3 pages long. I wrote one in similar format, just explaining my perspective on the various parts of our relationship..meeting, dating, wedding plans, wedding, after the marriage, and my feelings about each visit. I tried to mirror his timelines as much as I could to show that we had similar experiences, but tried to make them understand how it affected me personally. I included mine in with my proofs...hope that helps :)

Poetic

Star Member
Sep 22, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-06-2010
Interview........
No Interview!!!
Passport Req..
25-10-2010
Katie, you're like the mirror version of me!

I suggested to my husband that we both write our own letters describing things in more detail and explaining alot of things because of us eloping, getting married in our apartment with just 2 friends, and a really stressful predicament we faced before I came out here to live with him. Mine was about 6 pages long and his was about 5 pages. Long eh? But hopefully that covered everything and will let them know just how much love there is between us.

I'd say do it, it's something more personal from the both of you.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Katie: At the end of the Sponsor Questionnaire, and the end of the Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire, just before where you put your signatures, there are these instructions:
"On a separate sheet of paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing."

This is where you and your spouse/partner are free to explain your relationship and your feelings in detail. It can be formal or informal.