+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letters from family and friends

bmh

Jul 29, 2009
Do letters from family and friends (which would state the genuineness of my husbands and my relationship) have to be notarized or can they just be simply written and signed by them?

Also, this may be along the same lines but if my parents were to write a letter stating that my husband (sponsored person) is invited to live with us in their home to help us save money and begin our lives, would this need to be notarized as well? or a letter with their signatures is good enough?

These are not required, they are additional proof.
I hope someone can help! Thanks!

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hi,

We were in a similar situation. My common law moved with me and my parents since the rent was so expensive. Had my father write a letter, however had it notarized as it was translated from Spanish to English. So, to answer you question if it is in English there is no need for that. Just make sure that contact information is on the letter.

We sent our application with letter from friends, co workers parents and none of it was notarized- (except the translated letter),,,and I got my passport request less then two months from the time my application arrived in the visa office.

Good luck

bmh

Jul 29, 2009
thanks! .. sorry what I meant was does it have to be a statutory declaration witnessed by a notary public or witness/official or something like that? or can they write it themselves and sign it? (it will definitely have contact info.)