+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Reference for OINP

hsg25

May 18, 2023
I recently got NOI from OINP. I was able to get all the documents and info, but my current employer generated a letter for employment verification (LoR) through The Work Number (Fast, Secure Digital Verification Services). This letter is not on companies official letter head or does not even have my supervisor's name/signature. Below is the redacted letter:

Image uploaded in screencast

Is it okay to submit this letter as LoR or should I request one from my supervisor with more details? It is tricky to ask for this letter as he will redirect me to the company lawyers who'll then ask me why I need the letter. I have uploaded the pay stubs, bank deposits, offer letter, etc to prove my job duties and salary.

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
I recently got NOI from OINP. I was able to get all the documents and info, but my current employer generated a letter for employment verification (LoR) through The Work Number (Fast, Secure Digital Verification Services). This letter is not on companies official letter head or does not even have my supervisor's name/signature. Below is the redacted letter:

Image uploaded in screencast

Is it okay to submit this letter as LoR or should I request one from my supervisor with more details? It is tricky to ask for this letter as he will redirect me to the company lawyers who'll then ask me why I need the letter. I have uploaded the pay stubs, bank deposits, offer letter, etc to prove my job duties and salary.
I do not know what the requirements from province are for the letter but after nomination and during an application to IRCC, this is what it is required by IRCC:

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
The recommended letter would be in the exact format as required by IRCC above. Also, if you can confirm if IRCC is a partner with The Work Number, then that letter would work. But I do not think they are partners, because IRCC uses their own services to verify the letters submitted.

Last edited:

Annabana

Feb 8, 2024
Hello guys, should the employment reference letter be addressed to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program or "To whom it may concern"?