+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Recommendation for PR ** please help

tbird

Jul 20, 2010
A friend of mine is attempting to sponsor his wife so she can apply for Permanent residency here in Canada. He has approached me, and asked if I could write him a letter of recommendation for such.

He has mentioned that the letter should pretty much entail that I know him, his wife, and that they are truely happy together. Unfortunately, he has not provided me with much other information, and, due to his line of work (he works as a Heli-logger during the summer), he is currently incommunicado.

So now I am having difficulties on what exactly I need to write, so I decided to do what I normally do, and use google. I didn't find any examples of letters of recommendations, however I did find this forum.

So I'm asking of you, nay, begging, please help me! Anyone have any experience with this type of letter? Any pointers that may help?

Thank you all in advance.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
tbird said:
A friend of mine is attempting to sponsor his wife so she can apply for Permanent residency here in Canada. He has approached me, and asked if I could write him a letter of recommendation for such.

He has mentioned that the letter should pretty much entail that I know him, his wife, and that they are truely happy together. Unfortunately, he has not provided me with much other information, and, due to his line of work (he works as a Heli-logger during the summer), he is currently incommunicado.

So now I am having difficulties on what exactly I need to write, so I decided to do what I normally do, and use google. I didn't find any examples of letters of recommendations, however I did find this forum.

So I'm asking of you, nay, begging, please help me! Anyone have any experience with this type of letter? Any pointers that may help?

Thank you all in advance.
This is what I asked my BFF to write about.

1. A description of how you know either one of us (typically the person you knew first)...examples
I am a friend of XXX, I was a co-worker of XXX, I am the sister of XXX, etc.

2. A description of how you became aware of our relationship, when you met the other partner, activities we participated in together, etc.

3. A statement to the effect that, in your judgment, we are in a real, loving, ongoing, genuine (you choose the words) relationship based on your personal knowledge and experiences.

edited to add - I cant take credit for those points as I got them from someone else on the forum.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
From a letter I sent to ask friends and family...

General information to consider including in your message (this can be written in French or in English, by the way)...

1. A description of how you know either one of us (typically the person you knew first)...examples
I am a friend of XXX, I was a co-worker of XXX, I am the sister of XXX, etc

2. A description of how you became aware of our relationship, when you met the other partner, activities we participated in together, etc

3. A statement to the effect that, in your judgement, we are in a real, loving, ongoing, genuine (you choose the words) relationship based on your personal knowledge and experiences

Hope that helps, Allison

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
lol heather

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
AllisonVSC said:
From a letter I sent to ask friends and family...

General information to consider including in your message (this can be written in French or in English, by the way)...

I am a friend of XXX, I was a co-worker of XXX, I am the sister of XXX, etc

2. A description of how you became aware of our relationship, when you met the other partner, activities we participated in together, etc

3. A statement to the effect that, in your judgement, we are in a real, loving, ongoing, genuine (you choose the words) relationship based on your personal knowledge and experiences

Hope that helps, Allison
And whamo... Allison would be the person I stole it from! LMAO.

tbird

Jul 20, 2010
WOW! :eek:

I was hoping that someone would be able to help, but the speed in which you all responded... a million times thank you! Clear, concise, and to the point! (now if only my friend were so convenient.)

Again, thank you all.