+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter for IrCC

rn_ontario0007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
As we all have the same concern, and I guess every webform we sent has had the same correspondence from the IRCC which is “covid reason”. My suggestion is to write one letter and those folks with pending pr application could be a signatory of the letter then will forward it to an caregiver advocate group that would help us to reach out to IRCC..?

what do you think?

bonefree13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
As we all have the same concern, and I guess every webform we sent has had the same correspondence from the IRCC which is “covid reason”. My suggestion is to write one letter and those folks with pending pr application could be a signatory of the letter then will forward it to an caregiver advocate group that would help us to reach out to IRCC..?

what do you think?
I think some advocates have already done that (signed petition), submitted it and nothing happened. Minister Mendicino has been on media and other interviews and promised good news and faster processing and/or Aor issuance, but nothing has changed for HCCP/HSW applications. Some interim applications are getting OWP and updates and that's about it. I even called the immigration earlier and they just gave me a temporary file number indicating my application was received on March 2020, it's on their file since feb 2021, but yet to opened or scanned for completed application package. The agent confirmed that they have no idea when they will process applications under hccp as Edmonton office has the same situation even pre-covid. I know it is frustrating seeing fast updates on other immigration streams but we can do nothing and just wait that hopefully, in the coming days, they will see how important caregivers in the Canadian economy and atleast expedite our applications.