+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legal Advice

TRUDE

Jun 1, 2018
Experts,

Firstly thank you very much for helping thousand of people everyday.

My question starts here-

1.I with my wife (Principal Applicant) landed in Toronto Canada as PR from India in April 2018.
2. Now the situation is " I do not want to continue with her because of her abusive nature and frequency mismatch and it is impacting my personal life and work.
3. Whom I should report my situation to seek advise and what are the possible way forward.
4. I am pretty much sure she will put false complaint against me one fine day (Canada or India) which I do not want, so seeking your advice.

Please help.

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
In regard to your status, you don't need legal advice. If you are a PR, you can get divorced and be on your own.
You'll have to take care of your divorce, but not of your status in the country.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Experts,

Firstly thank you very much for helping thousand of people everyday.

My question starts here-

1.I with my wife (Principal Applicant) landed in Toronto Canada as PR from India in April 2018.
2. Now the situation is " I do not want to continue with her because of her abusive nature and frequency mismatch and it is impacting my personal life and work.
3. Whom I should report my situation to seek advise and what are the possible way forward.
4. I am pretty much sure she will put false complaint against me one fine day (Canada or India) which I do not want, so seeking your advice.

Please help.
This is not an immigration issue. You need to be dealing with family law instead.
There is no sponsorship involved and therefore no immigration responsibility by either of you to the other.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
I agree this is a family law issue, and you should contact a local lawyer with family law (and if possible) some international experience. You will have to resolve jurisdictional questions to start. Can you get divorced in canada or do you have to do it in India. Which matrimonial regulations will apply Canada or India. No doubt there will be more issues. Some complicated questions to answer.

Get an actual lawyer to help you resolve this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good afternoon,

I would like to see if there is an immigration lawyer available today that I could consult through skype or something. Please, I need the help, I would be paying the fees.

Thank you.

@scylla @legalfalcon @canuck78
None of us here are immigration lawyers. We are all normal people like you.

If you want to hire an immigration lawyer, you'll need to contact one. This forum is paid for by an immigration firm if you want to reach out to them. Their phone number is in the top left hand corner of the screen. Doubt anyone is working today since it's Sunday and a holiday.

Reactions: ismaelcarloledesma
Nov 12, 2017
None of us here are immigration lawyers. We are all normal people like you.

If you want to hire an immigration lawyer, you'll need to contact one. This forum is paid for by an immigration firm if you want to reach out to them. Their phone number is in the top left hand corner of the screen. Doubt anyone is working today since it's Sunday and a holiday.
Thank you for replay, I would like to ask you something, but I would like to do it privately if possible.