+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada while on work permit without a job

Ravirav

Dec 12, 2016
Hello all,

I am currently on work permit but do not have a valid permanent job offer. Have been doing survival jobs.

I was thinking of going to home country and return after a while. But i heard that if we leave Canada while on work permit, we will not be allowed to return to the country unless we get a valid job offer. Is that true?

Request someone to please clarify at the earliest. Thank you so much in advance!!!

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hello all,

I am currently on work permit but do not have a valid permanent job offer. Have been doing survival jobs.

I was thinking of going to home country and return after a while. But i heard that if we leave Canada while on work permit, we will not be allowed to return to the country unless we get a valid job offer. Is that true?

Request someone to please clarify at the earliest. Thank you so much in advance!!!
I am assuming your question is around restrictions due to COVID. If you are not planning to come back to Canada until Fall, you shouldn't be worrying about travel restrictions. Travel restrictions will be greatly lifted in September.

Ravirav

Dec 12, 2016
I am assuming your question is around restrictions due to COVID. If you are not planning to come back to Canada until Fall, you shouldn't be worrying about travel restrictions. Travel restrictions will be greatly lifted in September.
Hello. Thanks a lot for your response

I'm not referring to the restrictions due to COVID.

I was hearing that in general, in we leave Canada while on work permit but without having a job offer, we would not be let in again if we dont get a valid job offer. Is that true?

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hello. Thanks a lot for your response

I'm not referring to the restrictions due to COVID.

I was hearing that in general, in we leave Canada while on work permit but without having a job offer, we would not be let in again if we dont get a valid job offer. Is that true?
In general, if you carry a work permit you are allowed to enter Canada even when not having a valid job offer.

Dannyquaye

Sep 6, 2021
Please what was your experience on leaving canada on work permit and coming back?

I have a 3yrs work permit my visa shows multiple entry, can I leave and come back without having any issue or I have to get other supporting documents; please advise. Thank you