+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lay off due to COVID-19

rippuk

Feb 4, 2020
Hi,

I have a concern regarding my lay off that happened due to COVID19 .I have submitted my EE profile and in that I’m already done with 1 year work experience. However, as I’m laid off due to shortage of work , I wanna know what impact it will have on my profile and that should I apply for employment insurance or look for another job. Currently nobody is hiring due to COVID again. Its also leading to my work permit time loss and will end up in expiration. Plz advice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have a concern regarding my lay off that happened due to COVID19 .I have submitted my EE profile and in that I’m already done with 1 year work experience. However, as I’m laid off due to shortage of work , I wanna know what impact it will have on my profile and that should I apply for employment insurance or look for another job. Currently nobody is hiring due to COVID again. Its also leading to my work permit time loss and will end up in expiration. Plz advice.
As long as your Express Entry is not tied to your job you are fine. Applying for EI does not negatively affect your PR application.