+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lastname not mentioned in credentials Wes Report name differ

Meenakshi Arora

Sep 13, 2020
India
Hello everyone!

I got my wes report today CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY is fine but in report it is mentioned - The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above.

In my passport and wes account i have first and last name (Meenakshi Arora) but in my credentials there is only Meenakshi, last name is not there? Is there will be any problem for the home child care pilot program caregiver application.

Pls suggest.

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi, it happened to my husband.. he studied in Egypt and in his credentials last name was not there, what I understood is credentials should be as per your passport if your submitting it to IRCC, just to be in the safe side, we contacted the school and we requested an updated credentials with the support of his birth certificate and other government id's., we go the updated credentials and we submitted it to wes.
WES will not follow what's the name on your passport provided or what you have indicated from your WES ACCOUNT it will follow the exact details mentioned from your credentials.
My advice: contact the schoold or if you're in overseas, send someone and inquire on your behalf what's the procedure in correcting the name from your credentials based from your passport. Then follow what they'll ask .. once you got the corrected one you can contact wes if they can update the evaluated file for you or they'l have to evaluate a new one.. this option will give you a good night sleep to not think what ifs.. during the whole immigration process .
if you want the easy way but again I cannot guarantee if this can be accepted.
ask for a letter from the school indicating That the name from the passport and the evaluation is the same person, have it notarized by a lawyer and attached it as supporting documents together with the evaluation, as I said this is the cheapest and easy way out but not 100% can work .

Reactions: Meenakshi Arora

Meenakshi Arora

Sep 13, 2020
India
Hi, it happened to my husband.. he studied in Egypt and in his credentials last name was not there, what I understood is credentials should be as per your passport if your submitting it to IRCC, just to be in the safe side, we contacted the school and we requested an updated credentials with the support of his birth certificate and other government id's., we go the updated credentials and we submitted it to wes.
WES will not follow what's the name on your passport provided or what you have indicated from your WES ACCOUNT it will follow the exact details mentioned from your credentials.
My advice: contact the schoold or if you're in overseas, send someone and inquire on your behalf what's the procedure in correcting the name from your credentials based from your passport. Then follow what they'll ask .. once you got the corrected one you can contact wes if they can update the evaluated file for you or they'l have to evaluate a new one.. this option will give you a good night sleep to not think what ifs.. during the whole immigration process .
if you want the easy way but again I cannot guarantee if this can be accepted.
ask for a letter from the school indicating That the name from the passport and the evaluation is the same person, have it notarized by a lawyer and attached it as supporting documents together with the evaluation, as I said this is the cheapest and easy way out but not 100% can work .
Thank you so much for the help. But the university will not change the name in their record. I think i have to go for second option.

harkaran 2010

Aug 13, 2020
Thank you so much for the help. But the university will not change the name in their record. I think i have to go for second option.
I have my husband last name in my passport nd no last name on my ECA, as in my academic documents no last name is mention, my lawyer said it is ok . wes will write everything according to your academic, so I think no need to worry.

Meenakshi Arora

Sep 13, 2020
India
I have my husband last name in my passport nd no last name on my ECA, as in my academic documents no last name is mention, my lawyer said it is ok . wes will write everything according to your academic, so I think no need to worry.
But in Wes report it is mentioned as The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above. Is there will be any issue in this regards.

harkaran 2010

Aug 13, 2020
But in Wes report it is mentioned as The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above. Is there will be any issue in this regards.
let's see how IRCC respond to my ECA report ,bcz I hv last name of my passport but not on my ECA report issued by wes, nd my academic documents.

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
hey guys need help on my WES report my name is mentioned as Singh, Veejay ( reason because when I was filling my WES form they asked us to put first and last name or they wouldn't let us go further) there is no note on my WES report if there's a difference in my name but on my passport it's only my given name Veejay Singh. is it going to be a problem? what should I do as I am in the middle of my post ITA process . thanks