+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last semester of University...

RoseOdile

Jan 10, 2019
Hello all,

I am currently a student at Concordia University in Montreal Quebec. I am doing a double major degree in English and French. I was expected to get help paying for my school this year but my aid backed out last minute. I attended the Fall 2018-2019 semester and I want to attend the Winter however, my university will not allow me to register for courses until I have paid the fees from the previous semester. This is my last semester until graduation, I have only four courses left to complete my degree. Im not sure what to do because I have no money to afford school and all I want to do is finish. Im an on an international student permit and I am required to stay enrolled full time at the university in order to meet my conditions of the permit. My permit ends in August 2019. I have asked every office in my school and no one is willing to give me answers...Im both very scared and frustrated being here.

I dont want to stay in Canada any longer so I wont be applying for a PR after my studies.

Is it possible for me to take the Winter semester off and finish my courses in the Summer semester? I will have enough time before my permit ends and I should have enough money to pay for it if I can work.

Please please help me. I am alone in Montreal and Im not sure what else to do....

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can't work if you are not studying full-time. If you are not attending classes your school should report you and your permit will be cancelled.