+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

language proof (original document)

nowend

Mar 30, 2016
I need to bring my original copy of diploma for the interview. but I have already lost it.
All I have is a copy of the diploma. I have asked my university to verify the copy and asked the State government (I graduated from US university) to do an apostille. I wonder if it is enough for the officer to recognize my language ability?

Thank you!

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Officially, you must bring the original of all documents you sent a copy of.

What did you sent as language proof, a copy of this copy you have? Bringing your certified copy could be enough, but it's really a guessing game, as it depends on the agent who will interview you. If you want to be on the safe side, ask your university for another diploma. Your original transcripts are also valid, if you still have them.

nowend

Mar 30, 2016
tmota said:
Officially, you must bring the original of all documents you sent a copy of.

What did you sent as language proof, a copy of this copy you have? Bringing your certified copy could be enough, but it's really a guessing game, as it depends on the agent who will interview you. If you want to be on the safe side, ask your university for another diploma. Your original transcripts are also valid, if you still have them.
Correct, I sent them a copy of my copy (as they only ask for copy).
The University can't issue a new diploma and the duplicate one takes 6 weeks.
Can I bring my transcripts from another university (havent' graduated yet) as the proof?

Thank you!

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
You should be able to obtain the official transcript from your college.

I believe official transcript counted as language proof too.

Mississauga123

Nov 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wrote my test today. I had my original degree with me, no one asked to see it. I guess if they are satisfied with your English, then they dont ask for it. The interview was a total of 5 minutes.

All they asked for was my original passports, copy of drivers license, and PR card. Thats it.

I took a whole bunch of original documents with me, they didnt care. Just said that everything is fine, I now have to wait for the oath date.

nowend

Mar 30, 2016
ghnboy said:
You should be able to obtain the official transcript from your college.

I believe official transcript counted as language proof too.
So, I do not have to bring the same document I enclosed in the application.
Thank you!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@nowend

Do you have the transcripts? If yes, make the copies and also take the originals.

Usually cic does not ask for such documents unless they have a doubt. Ideally you should carry all your original documents.

You can't use the other transcripts as you haven't graduated yet which means that the course is not completed yet.