+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Proof - Degree from Mumbai University Degree

KKR21

Sep 9, 2016
Hello Forum,

Just wanted to check if they will accept passing certificate, mark sheet and degree certificate from Mumbai University bachelors degree.
Anyone has had submitted that and got approved recently with these ? Any suggestions ?
Please advice as I will be applying for Citizenship sometime next month

Thanks,
KKR

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
In my opinion, I don't think a degree from Mumbai University qualifies for passing english requirement. The courses for your degree you took must be taught in English. You would have to prove that these courses were all taught in English 100% of the time.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your response!

All the subjects that are part of my degree were in English 100%.
What is the alternative suggestion for English language proof ?

Thanks,
.Steve

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
.Steve said:
Thanks for your response!

All the subjects that are part of my degree were in English 100%.
What is the alternative suggestion for English language proof ?

Thanks,
.Steve
You can use your degree as proof of english however you need to provide documentations that the courses were in fact instructed in English. I think official documentation from Mumbai University detailing this information will suffice.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is why I am asking if anyone who has already applied with Indian University Degrees only as language proof.

Thanks,
.Steve

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife applied last month with an Indian degree and submitted another doc from the university stating the medium of instruction is English. This additional letter was issued on request.
Her application has now been accepted ad is now "In Process".

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ajithpl said:
My wife applied last month with an Indian degree and submitted another doc from the university stating the medium of instruction is English. This additional letter was issued on request.
Her application has now been accepted ad is now "In Process".
Just as I suspects. CIC will want official documentation that the degree was taught in English. Showing a degree by itself is not enough to prove that the language of instruction were in English.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
KKR21 said:
Hello Forum,

Just wanted to check if they will accept passing certificate, mark sheet and degree certificate from Mumbai University bachelors degree.
Anyone has had submitted that and got approved recently with these ? Any suggestions ?
Please advice as I will be applying for Citizenship sometime next month

Thanks,
KKR
I called call centre before applying for citizenship. They told me that attach the degrees and the assessing officer will only determine if it's acceptable or not.
I have used my bachelors and masters degree from India and it was accepted (Computer based degrees)
I also got the letters from my institute/university for both degrees to show that the medium of instruction was english.
So, the answer would be that you submit the copy of the degree and let the officer determine whether it would be accepted or not. You can also ask your university to give you letter to show that the medium of instruction was english.

I hope this information helps!

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I called call centre before applying for citizenship. They told me that attach the degrees and the assessing officer will only determine if it's acceptable or not.
I have used my bachelors and masters degree from India and it was accepted (Computer based degrees)
I also got the letters from my institute/university for both degrees to show that the medium of instruction was english.
So, the answer would be that you submit the copy of the degree and let the officer determine whether it would be accepted or not. You can also ask your university to give you letter to show that the medium of instruction was english.

I hope this information helps!
Hello,

Were you able to obtain those letters rather soon or does it take a while to get letters from Univ.

Thanks,
.Steve

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
.Steve said:
Hello,

Were you able to obtain those letters rather soon or does it take a while to get letters from Univ.

Thanks,
.Steve
I approached my professor who taught me during my bachelors and he obtained it from the institute in couple of days and i asked someone to mail it to me and i got it in 10 days.

For my master's degree, i directly contacted the university and they sent to me using the courier and received it in 10 days.