+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing

N_rockstar

Dec 27, 2013
Hello,

I got the ppr email and sent my passport to Ottawa. I am wondering what documents I have to take for landing and what forms I have to submit. Which port will be closer to calgary for landing?

Highly appreciate your help. Thanks!

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
N_rockstar said:
Hello,

I got the ppr email and sent my passport to Ottawa. I am wondering what documents I have to take for landing and what forms I have to submit. Which port will be closer to calgary for landing?

I think more information would be needed in order for anybody to help you with your questions.

The kind of documentation you need could depend on what stream you got your PR through.

Where you will Land will depend on how you are coming to Canada (flying or driving) and where you are coming from. So its hard to say what the closest port is for you without knowing how and where you are coming from. If you are flying in then it will depend on what city has flights coming and going from where you are coming from.

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
Out of curiosity, when did you get the PPR and when did you submit your application?
Thanks,
N_rockstar said:
Hello,

N_rockstar

Dec 27, 2013
I am an inland applicant. I live in Calgary, AB.

Mbgirlfriend said:
I think more information would be needed in order for anybody to help you with your questions.

The kind of documentation you need could depend on what stream you got your PR through.

Where you will Land will depend on how you are coming to Canada (flying or driving) and where you are coming from. So its hard to say what the closest port is for you without knowing how and where you are coming from. If you are flying in then it will depend on what city has flights coming and going from where you are coming from.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
N_rockstar said:
I am an inland applicant. I live in Calgary, AB.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canada%E2%80%93United_States_border_crossings

I think Carway is the closest and would be about a 3 hour drive one way. So you are looking a whole day trip in order to flagpole. If you can I would look into making mini vacation out of it and stay in a hotel in the States for a night or two. But that depends on what country you are from and how easy it is for you to get what ever kind of visitor visa you need to be in the United States. I know for some people from some countries it could take a while to get permission from U.S immigration just to go there for 2 days.

If you can't make a vacation out of it then I think you just tell them that you are just going in and out to get your Canadian PR and they get you to sign something and send you back to the Canadian Immigration Officers.