+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Sequence/Timeline and New Born

Feb 24, 2020
I have 2 questions about landing as PR.

Background:

- We all (4 of us - myself, wife + 2 sons) received our COPRs and PR Visas stamped on our passports.
- I am the principal applicant.
- Wife and younger son are currently in USA for delivery of our expected baby in 3 weeks time. Elder son is already in Canada on Study permit. I am in Saudi Arabia. We all are yet to make landing as PR.
- New born will be US citizen hence will not require visa to enter Canada.
- I will make landing in Canada alone as principal applicant next week (before the birth of expected baby) and I will exit Canada in 3 days.

Questions:

1. Can my wife enter Canada on the same COPR and PR visa that she already has from before the birth of expected baby? Wife will bring new born US citizen with her when she will make landing after birth of expected baby.

2. Can new born impact existing COPR and PR Visas of my both sons if they do not make landing before the birth of their new sibling?

**Additional Informaiton:

Someone told me Answer to my question 1 that if your wife make landing as per above scenario (after birth) then there is a chance that immigration officer might send her back and say let your husband sponsor you and the baby while you stay ouside Canada and husband will be required to stay in Canada until sponsorship application is complete.