+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing only for a week (family visa)

kire3

May 24, 2012
hello, is there anyone actually did this lately landing for a few days only then went back to their home country to continue some unfinish business like study or work contract before returning to Canada for good. Please I need confirmation if there's any. And what are the requirements at the airport(immigration) upon departure.

Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no problem doing this. A lot of people do. The only issue is getting the PR cards mailed at which address. If some of the family is staying in Canada or you have other family or friends whose address you can give for the PR cards, it is also not a problem. There will be no problem with your departure. You show your passport to the airline and go.

Reactions: Koppolu

bipinraut

Sep 27, 2012
Hi,

I am a new entrant to this session. Just 2 days back I have been given PR documents in Mumbai and then a very short period to enter Canada from Mumbai, that is hardly 2 months to enter with family.

I am in a great dilemma, as my children are school going, I do not have any relatives there, I have not searched for a job there and do not have one over there, I do not know which state to enter, I have no idea where to stay.

Just as in the initial discussion, I cannot just leave my job over here suddenly.

Can anybody advice me what to do? My process consultant says he can arrange for something called home-living for around 700$ a month and I can leave in 10 days or so (that is, process is completed in 10 days), and PR card will be sent home in Mumbai.

Please guide?

Bipin

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bipinraut said:
Can anybody advice me what to do? My process consultant says he can arrange for something called home-living for around 700$ a month and I can leave in 10 days or so (that is, process is completed in 10 days), and PR card will be sent home in Mumbai.
I do not know of these services but you can take this option or look for yourself for a motel, hotel or furnished apartment. You can get an address from UPS and have them send you your PR card when it arrives. If you take this deal your consultant is offering, be clear on what you are paying for. Is it $700 a month to stay there, same price if you stay there for 1 day, 10 days or the whole month? Do you have to pay extra for them to mail the PR cards?

lavanworld

Apr 2, 2012
Dear Leon,
Could you plz elobrate about the UPS address ? plz tell me how UPS system works? If we stay in the country in a short term accommodation for a month after applying pr card then leave the country can they still deliver ? thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UPS is a courier company but they also offer you to have a PO Box at their stores but the address looks like a real street address as opposed to a box. You can also get them to forward the mail you get to this address to your real address. See http://www.theupsstore.ca/mailbox-rental-services.html

jadwig

Star Member
Mar 12, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
UPS is a courier company but they also offer you to have a PO Box at their stores but the address looks like a real street address as opposed to a box. You can also get them to forward the mail you get to this address to your real address. See http://www.theupsstore.ca/mailbox-rental-services.html
Thanks for this valuable information Leon! I always enjoy reading your suggestions and advice.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
There are many mail forwarding services in Canada. The UPS Store chain are independently owned and operated stores that will provide you with a box and mailing address. You can leave instructions with them to forward mail to your other address.

Note that Canada Post will not accept a forwarding order FROM a private mail service company such as The UPS Store. Thus, you will need to continue paying for the private mail box service as long as you expect any mail to be sent to it.