+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing issues

toogood

Dec 13, 2008
Hi everyone,
Nice to meet y'all on the forum. I am new here but thanks for any answers i will ask now. My questions are;

After learning that to enter Quebec, an immigrant must have gone through the Quebec program,does it mean that if an immigrant lives in Toronto, he/she would not visit Quebec freely? would he/she have to apply for some sort of authorisation?

Next question is, If one immigrates to Quebec and obtains a permanent resident Card, can he/ she move to another province in Canada freely, if so, would it be difficult to get citizenship ? considering that his intended place of stay was Quebec ?.

The last question is; Do you think immigrating to Canada via the Quebec program has any advantage over those who take the federal program? Thanks alot

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you are PR, any PR is equal to another. Nobody can or will stop you from moving to Quebec, out of Quebec or anywhere else. It is still a part of Canada. However, if you come through the Quebec program, you have to sign that you plan to settle in Quebec, if you come through FSW, you have to sign that you don't plan to live in Quebec. There is no minimum time that they hold you to. If anybody was to ask you about it later, you can just say that you did plan to settle whereever but you had a hard time finding a job and so your plans changed.

The advantages of the Quebec program is that for some people, they may qualify for it while they don't qualify for FSW anymore because of the new rules. Prior to the new rules, the Quebec program was faster than FSW but after the new rules, they might be the same.