+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing information pls

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
i need help from some one for the following.

1.proof of funds[/u][/u]: can i carry currency or a bank statement of my home bank account.the funds around $14 000 (family of three )can i take currecy.

2.planning to spend short time to get PR and come back later.can i take back the funds left over.

3.any idea on goods list,since planning to stay for short period-confused

4.documents.i dont have birth certificate

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You can just show a bank statement or better a letter from your bank stating how much your funds are worth in Canadian $. If you want to bring currency, you can do that.

2. Yes, if you bring currency, you can take it back with you.

3. Are you planning on bringing a lot of stuff with you later? Then it might be better to make a list of Goods to follow.

4. Don't know if that is a problem. Did you have one when you applied?

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
i am planning to settle down may be next year only.now i want to just come get my PR and back to home.mostly i waont bring much items.

iam 40+ while applying my passport and other documents were satisfied CHC.

Pls give ur sugestion regarding my son.he is above 18 and he is also an applicant.now my self and spouse will come to canada.can we sponsor our son at later period since he is studing.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can only sponsor him while he is under 22. You could also apply for him at the same time if you haven't applied yet. He can land as a PR just before his PR visa expires, then go back and stay up to 3 years without losing his PR, then move to Canada. Depends on what he's studying and how long it takes. If he is just finishing his preparation for university, it will be fast. If he wants to live with you in Canada, he should do his college education in Canada. It will be easier for him to get a job then.

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Hi, Leon thank u for ur advise.we got our visa stamped. iam happy to visit canada.i have some doubts pls help me.

1.During landing i have to furnish some friends address for PR is it right.
2.If i dont have anyone what can i do ?
3.Can I rent some place and give that address for PR mail
4.can I collect PR on behalf of my wife and son
5.Do I need a visa to visit USA even after getting PR

hope iam not bothering you too much

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You need to give a mailing address for the PR cards.

2. Tell them you don't have an address and you will contact them later when you have one and tell them what it is.

3. Yes, you can rent a place and give that address for mail.

4. Your wife and son have to come to Canada to land themselves within the time limits of the PR visa. If they go back before their PR cards arrive but you stay at the rented place and receive the mail, you can collect their PR cards for them.

5. Yes, a Canadian PR doesn't count for anything in the US. If you needed a visa for the US before, you will still need one.