+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in canada while out of status

Oct 2, 2018
Hi to everyonewho took time to stop and read mythread.

I am in a very sticky situation at the moment, I will try to condense my situation as short as possible. I applied for spousal sponsorship through common law and restoration of status/work permit application 2 years ago before 90 days of expiration of my status back then, the officer sent me a procedural fairness letter after year and half asking us to provide more evidence for one of the month out of 12 which was required, due to personal reasons such as moving from province to province i wasnt able to submit them and my application got rejected. I reapplied again last april and finally got my passport request yesterday.

I had applied for work permit and restoring my status while applying for the second time but i got rejected, the letter stated that i should have applied within 90 days of expiration of my status and asked me to leave canada.I receiced that letter 2 months ago..As mentioned above when i applied through commmon law for the first time they didnt issue me a work permit even though i had applied for work permit and restoration of status when i called ircc they told me that they would issue it after AIP which never came.
So here I am who have done everything o i can to try to restore my status in canada but failed to have a legal status at the moment.

My question to the experts in this forum is what would happen at the land border crossing or interview at the local cic office when they find that i dont have a valid status in canada. Can they deny me entry or cancel my permanent residency eventhough I have COPR on hand ?

Please send me your thoughts and suggestions. Im a nervous wreck, i have a family which includes a baby here in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Once you have a COPR in hand there won't be any issues. No - they won't refuse you landing or stop you from entering Canada.

Reactions: zardoz