Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
Mid-July 2012
My husband and I have been reading up with what he needs to fill in order to go through the landing procedure this Friday when we finally fly into Toronto (yay!), but we have some doubts about if I need to fill anything out since even though I have my Canadian birth certificate and passport, and have been to Canada, I have never lived there (was born in the country to Venezuelan parents). Never been registered to any address or pay taxes.

From what we have seen, my husband needs to fill out:

B4/B4a forms (goods to declare/goods to follow)*
PR Card Application Form** + Photos***
SIN Card Apps Form
+COPR and Passport with Visa

From those, I imagine the SIN card and B4/B4a apply to me as well?

* He will not have goods to follow, will he have to fill one out stating that there are no goods to follow?
** Is it alright if some parts are filled by computer and others by hand? We feel slightly weary about filling out date of permanent residence part (counting chickens before the hatch...).
*** I imagine that these don't have to be the same as the ones for the PR application, right?

mel_n

Star Member
Oct 22, 2011
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
13-01-2012
Med's Done....
03-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
Mid-July 2012

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mel_n said:
My husband and I have been reading up with what he needs to fill in order to go through the landing procedure this Friday when we finally fly into Toronto (yay!), but we have some doubts about if I need to fill anything out since even though I have my Canadian birth certificate and passport, and have been to Canada, I have never lived there (was born in the country to Venezuelan parents). Never been registered to any address or pay taxes.

From what we have seen, my husband needs to fill out:

B4/B4a forms (goods to declare/goods to follow)*
PR Card Application Form** + Photos***
SIN Card Apps Form
+COPR and Passport with Visa

From those, I imagine the SIN card and B4/B4a apply to me as well?

* He will not have goods to follow, will he have to fill one out stating that there are no goods to follow?
** Is it alright if some parts are filled by computer and others by hand? We feel slightly weary about filling out date of permanent residence part (counting chickens before the hatch...).
*** I imagine that these don't have to be the same as the ones for the PR application, right?
He needs to submit a B4/B4A (and you should too as a returning Canadian for any goods you are bringing with you). If there are no goods to follow, just don't check the goods to follow box on the B4.

He won't need to fill out a PR application - it will be done for him when he lands electronically.

The SIN application he will need to submit, not at landing but afterwards at a Service Canada Office along with his stamped CoPR, visa (if relevant), and his passport as proof of identity - all the details are available on the application I posted. You will need to fill this out too if your parents didn't register you already (and you will need your birth certificate as proof of identity - see 'proof of identity' section).

I would also suggest taking a camera with you and also taking a copy of your application (at least electronically) in case any questions pop up during landing (rare, but can happen)

mel_n

Star Member
Oct 22, 2011
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.