+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience: May 26th 2020 (USA Road) Lansdowne

jehr90

May 28, 2020
I'm going to make this quick and as informative as I can.
  • FSW
  • Indian origin
  • Country of Residence (USA) - Visa Expired H1B
  • COPR 28th January
Rented an one way rental from Logan to Toronto on 26th. Left around 8:30am, and arrived at CBSA Lansdowne at 2:00pm.

Border was literally empty and had no wait time. I pulled up with all 4 windows down, no sunglasses and a mask on. Handed my passport (Indian), COPR Documents to the CBSA officer and removed my mask so he could verify my identity.

CBSA Officer asked:
  • Where are you staying? I said family and provided an address.
  • Do you know about the self quarantine rule? I said yes.
  • He then handed me 5 masks, 2 hand sanitizers, and anti-bacterial wipes.
He took my CoPR and Passport and asked me to park in the shade while he goes in and verifies my documents. CBSA officer came back out with my passport and CoPR, made me write no and sign on the statutory questions and said "Welcome Home".

I've been in the USA for more than 8 years now and dealt with crappy immigration rules and officers, this has been a wildly awesome experience. The CBSA officer was beyond kind and just an amazing human being. Not once did I step out of my car, I was not asked to provide my Goods to follow, customs form and proof of funds. He was more concerned about my safety. I couldn't help but get emotional after being rejected several times in USA for legally applying for my H1B visa extensions. The CBSA officer saw that and said, "Canada is happy to have you, you're born again!"

If you arrive in Canada, the least you can do is quarantine for 14 days. They do not check in physically, but they do call and inquire about your living conditions. Uphold the rules, this country deserves it.

SIN Number:
This process has been a pain in my you know where.

My recommendation:
1. Apply online: https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/ (I uploaded my CoPR landing document and Passport pages)
2. You will get an application number, SAVE IT.
3. After 2 days Submit this form for a call back: https://sr-ds.powerappsportals.com/caseintakeen/ (Scroll all the way down and select SIN Information

Make sure you include your application number in the message:
"I would like to know the status of my SIN Application. Application Number: (Enter number here)

They will get back to you by the next business day. The process to get a SIN number is at least 2 weeks, but according to current trends, it'll be closer to a month. However, you can work without an SIN number (Employer to Employer basis) and open a bank account. You have to provide your landing document, that will be sufficient for the time being.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
I'm going to make this quick and as informative as I can.
  • FSW
  • Indian origin
  • Country of Residence (USA) - Visa Expired H1B
  • COPR 28th January
Rented an one way rental from Logan to Toronto on 26th. Left around 8:30am, and arrived at CBSA Lansdowne at 2:00pm.

Border was literally empty and had no wait time. I pulled up with all 4 windows down, no sunglasses and a mask on. Handed my passport (Indian), COPR Documents to the CBSA officer and removed my mask so he could verify my identity.

CBSA Officer asked:
  • Where are you staying? I said family and provided an address.
  • Do you know about the self quarantine rule? I said yes.
  • He then handed me 5 masks, 2 hand sanitizers, and anti-bacterial wipes.
He took my CoPR and Passport and asked me to park in the shade while he goes in and verifies my documents. CBSA officer came back out with my passport and CoPR, made me write no and sign on the statutory questions and said "Welcome Home".

I've been in the USA for more than 8 years now and dealt with crappy immigration rules and officers, this has been a wildly awesome experience. The CBSA officer was beyond kind and just an amazing human being. Not once did I step out of my car, I was not asked to provide my Goods to follow, customs form and proof of funds. He was more concerned about my safety. I couldn't help but get emotional after being rejected several times in USA for legally applying for my H1B visa extensions. The CBSA officer saw that and said, "Canada is happy to have you, you're born again!"

If you arrive in Canada, the least you can do is quarantine for 14 days. They do not check in physically, but they do call and inquire about your living conditions. Uphold the rules, this country deserves it.

SIN Number:
This process has been a pain in my you know where.

My recommendation:
1. Apply online: https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/ (I uploaded my CoPR landing document and Passport pages)
2. You will get an application number, SAVE IT.
3. After 2 days Submit this form for a call back: https://sr-ds.powerappsportals.com/caseintakeen/ (Scroll all the way down and select SIN Information

Make sure you include your application number in the message:
"I would like to know the status of my SIN Application. Application Number: (Enter number here)

They will get back to you by the next business day. The process to get a SIN number is at least 2 weeks, but according to current trends, it'll be closer to a month. However, you can work without an SIN number (Employer to Employer basis) and open a bank account. You have to provide your landing document, that will be sufficient for the time being.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: jehr90