February 8th 2012
AOR Received.
3/16/12
Med's Request
3/16/12
Med's Done....
3/21/12- in process since May 3rd 2012
Hello all,

I've gotten so much info and advice on this forum that I thought I'd share my landing experience...maybe it'll help someone else. I'm a QSW so I decided to land at the Champlain/Lacolle border which is about 45 minutes away from downtown Montreal. I boarded a bus from NYC and arrived at the border this past Sunday around 4 pm. Those who have crossed the border via bus know that everyone must clear the bus and go inside to go through immigration. Because I thought that the bus would likely not wait for me (thought my process could take longer than average), i had asked friends to come fetch me at the border. One of the officer came aboard the bus and asked if there was anyone who needed special attention because they wanted to do special immigration process. I along with another gal said yes and we were told to get off the bus first, get our luggage and go into the office. Once there, the whole process went very smoothly. One officer looked at my passport with visa and my COPR and directed me toward another person. That officer asked if I had an address in Canada where my PR card could be sent and also asked for POF. I did have the address and I also had a printout of my bank statement. He barely looked at it tho. Input everything in his system and started telling me what my rights were as a new PR of Canada. Then another officer asked me about goods to follow and accompanying lists. I had made copies of each (had both B4 forms and excel table for each) and he stamped them and gave me a copy. He also thanked me for being ready and having everything filled up. He then told me I could get back on the bus! my friends didn't have to come get me as the whole process took about 20 minutes. I went to Service Canada the next morning and got a printout of my SIN number. All done! Hope this helps...

androme

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-10-2012
Re: Landing experience @ Champlain/Lacolle border

Ayinka said:
Hello all,

I've gotten so much info and advice on this forum that I thought I'd share my landing experience...maybe it'll help someone else. I'm a QSW so I decided to land at the Champlain/Lacolle border which is about 45 minutes away from downtown Montreal. I boarded a bus from NYC and arrived at the border this past Sunday around 4 pm. Those who have crossed the border via bus know that everyone must clear the bus and go inside to go through immigration. Because I thought that the bus would likely not wait for me (thought my process could take longer than average), i had asked friends to come fetch me at the border. One of the officer came aboard the bus and asked if there was anyone who needed special attention because they wanted to do special immigration process. I along with another gal said yes and we were told to get off the bus first, get our luggage and go into the office. Once there, the whole process went very smoothly. One officer looked at my passport with visa and my COPR and directed me toward another person. That officer asked if I had an address in Canada where my PR card could be sent and also asked for POF. I did have the address and I also had a printout of my bank statement. He barely looked at it tho. Input everything in his system and started telling me what my rights were as a new PR of Canada. Then another officer asked me about goods to follow and accompanying lists. I had made copies of each (had both B4 forms and excel table for each) and he stamped them and gave me a copy. He also thanked me for being ready and having everything filled up. He then told me I could get back on the bus! my friends didn't have to come get me as the whole process took about 20 minutes. I went to Service Canada the next morning and got a printout of my SIN number. All done! Hope this helps...
Merci Ayinka. This was realy helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time and efforts to share this. I am waiting for my COPR and am anxious about the whole procedure. Your account makes me feel a bit at ease. Thank you and congratulations!

Ayinka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
U.S.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8th 2012
AOR Received.
3/16/12
Med's Request
3/16/12
Med's Done....
3/21/12- in process since May 3rd 2012

androme said:
Merci Ayinka. This was realy helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time and efforts to share this. I am waiting for my COPR and am anxious about the whole procedure. Your account makes me feel a bit at ease. Thank you and congratulations!
No worries at all. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

divishal

Aug 20, 2012

Hi Ayinka,

Your post gives me a great relief, I am also planning to complete my landing via Champlain/Lacolle border once I get my visa. The process seem simple. I am planning to drive from Vermont.

Question that I have is spoken language, did the border officer use English or French, can we make it with English only? Planning to settle in Montreal in next year or so.

Raina29

Feb 26, 2013
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06/11/2021

Hi Ayinka,

Are you still staying in Montreal? could you share with us where you stayed initially and how easy was it for you to find an accommodation.

regards

davidPR

Nov 11, 2013

I completed my landing this weekend. I think my experience would be helpful for you guys as well specially if you go with your own car from within Canada to Champlain/Lacolle Border.
First, after you pass the duty free before reaching the US gates, there is U-Turn marked as "Nexus and Immigration" on your left which you can use to go back to Canada without being rejected by US. Then the Canada gates will give you a yellow page and you need to park your car after the gate and go to office.
They take your passport, COPRs, CSQ, and bank statement and ask you to have a seat. Then call you again to sign documents and have a seat again. Then call you and say "Welcome to Canada" and send you to next counter for entering your belonging in your country of origin which you want to bring in future.
That is it.....
Done!

yakkar

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
february 2013
Nomination.....
January 2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
01-05-2013
Med's Request
08-05-2013
Med's Done....
May-2013
Interview........
No nterview
Passport Req..
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 27-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada

davidPR said:
I completed my landing this weekend. I think my experience would be helpful for you guys as well specially if you go with your own car from within Canada to Champlain/Lacolle Border.
First, after you pass the duty free before reaching the US gates, there is U-Turn marked as "Nexus and Immigration" on your left which you can use to go back to Canada without being rejected by US. Then the Canada gates will give you a yellow page and you need to park your car after the gate and go to office.
They take your passport, COPRs, CSQ, and bank statement and ask you to have a seat. Then call you again to sign documents and have a seat again. Then call you and say "Welcome to Canada" and send you to next counter for entering your belonging in your country of origin which you want to bring in future.
That is it.....
Done!
Hi DavidPR thanks for sharing your experience. I would like to go the lacolle /chapelin border for WP renewal. I will use my car but do not which address to put on my GPS? Or Should I aim to get to the dutty free, then Watch for that U turn (Nexus-Immigration)? Please advice!