+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience at Rainbow bridge July 2017

Jul 19, 2017
Landing experience at Rainbow bridge

I would like to share my experience at Rainbow bridge yesterday July 18. My family decided to complete the landing procedure on working day to avoid rush hours on weekends but to our surprise the officers at Rainbow bridge said that they have stopped landing (11 am) for today because heavy rush of tourists to Niagara Falls. They also apologized because they wouldn’t be doing landing as their priority job any more because summer has lot of tourist rush. So we deiced to visit again at 8pm to avoid wasting a day. But the response was same infact they said you can wait till 12am but can’t assure.

The officer was so polite and she explained us her situation that they are instructed from their seniors to give priority to border crossing first and landing is not their job but they have been doing it as they have free time. Now that we don’t have much time we have completely stopped on few days and restrict the number of landing each day

Has anyone come across such an experience recently in Summer

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
My colleague had a similar experience at this Niagara falls (Rainbow bridge) crossing -- he was told either to go back or wait for 8 hours. He chose to wait and luckily got called in after a couple of hours. They also told him some days/times during the week have been allocated for landing, beyond which they won't be doing it. To my knowledge, this is not published anywhere online and people find out only when they show up at the border. This is not how you treat new immigrants. It's a matter of having respect, so being polite or apologizing does not help.

Anyway, the more I hear these recent uncomfortable landing experiences by road, the more I feel people should be doing it at the airport.

Last edited:

Rm2017

Jun 20, 2017
No personal experience at that bridge with landing, but did you try going to the Queenston Lewiston crossing? Or the Fort Erie, Ontario crossing? Those are borders that are all very close to the Rainbow bridge.

Jul 19, 2017
No, Landing at any border during summer time will be difficult, so rather than crossing borders we prefer to book appointment with CIC.
I'm surprised because not many people have such a weird experience.

bennybr

Jul 12, 2017
Landing experience at Rainbow Bridge - Peace Bridge - Niagara Falls, ON

I would like to share my experience at Rainbow bridge today Wednesday August 9, 2017. I decided to complete my landing procedure on working days (Tuesday to Thursday) as recommended by CBSA, but to my surprise the officers at Rainbow bridge said that they have stopped landing at 8:50 am for today because they had received enough applications. I arrived there at 9 am (just 10 minutes after).

They also apologized because they wouldn’t be doing landing as their priority job anymore because summer has lot of tourist rush. I counted that around 20 people were sitting in the waiting area for theirs PR/Study/Work permits.They advised me to contact the call center and make an appointment in the office near my place as they wouldn't receive any applications today.

So as I read all these posts here about some people sharing bad experience at Rainbow Bridge, I decided to try again at Peace bridge (half an hour from Rainbow Bridge). As I went to Niagara Falls by bus from Toronto, I decided to call an uber to drive me to the other bridge. It costed me about $108 CAD round trip (Rainbow Bridge to Peace Bridge) - my uber was amazing and waited for my landing procedures since it would be very hard to call an uber from there.

I arrived at Peace Bridge around 10am. It tooked me around 10 minutes to get my flagpole paper in the USA side and 3 minutes at Peace bridge to complete my paperwork. The border was completed empty. The officers were so polite and asked me about the standard questions (if I had criminal record, dependents, etc). Also, after they signed my CoPR, they told me that my PR card would arrive in 6-8 weeks.

Thank you very much guys for all your help.

Good luck for those who are waiting for approval and I strongly recommend to go to Peace bridge or super early to Rainbow Bridge.

pkeyur

Aug 10, 2017

I would like to share my experience at Rainbow bridge today Wednesday August 9, 2017. I decided to complete my landing procedure on working days (Tuesday to Thursday) as recommended by CBSA, but to my surprise the officers at Rainbow bridge said that they have stopped landing at 8:50 am for today because they had received enough applications. I arrived there at 9 am (just 10 minutes after).

They also apologized because they wouldn’t be doing landing as their priority job anymore because summer has lot of tourist rush. I counted that around 20 people were sitting in the waiting area for theirs PR/Study/Work permits.They advised me to contact the call center and make an appointment in the office near my place as they wouldn't receive any applications today.

So as I read all these posts here about some people sharing bad experience at Rainbow Bridge, I decided to try again at Peace bridge (half an hour from Rainbow Bridge). As I went to Niagara Falls by bus from Toronto, I decided to call an uber to drive me to the other bridge. It costed me about $108 CAD round trip (Rainbow Bridge to Peace Bridge) - my uber was amazing and waited for my landing procedures since it would be very hard to call an uber from there.

I arrived at Peace Bridge around 10am. It tooked me around 10 minutes to get my flagpole paper in the USA side and 3 minutes at Peace bridge to complete my paperwork. The border was completed empty. The officers were so polite and asked me about the standard questions (if I had criminal record, dependents, etc). Also, after they signed my CoPR, they told me that my PR card would arrive in 6-8 weeks.

Good luck for those who are waiting for approval and I strongly recommend to go to Peace bridge or super early to Rainbow Bridge.

Hi the pedestrian walkway is closed on thr fort erie bridge, then how did you walk across the bridge

Reactions: bennybr

bennybr

Jul 12, 2017
Hi the pedestrian walkway is closed on thr fort erie bridge, then how did you walk across the bridge

Hi Pkeyur,

I took an uber. It's not that easy since most of the drivers don't have American visa. I got luck because my driver was an American citizen and drove me to the bridge as well waited until I complete my paperwork.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ Good you got lucky with that Uber driver. I guess Rainbow Bridge is specifically popular because it has pedestrian access. I believe the Peace and Queenston-Lewiston Bridges do not. Congrats!

Reactions: bennybr

talhu

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Hi Pkeyur,

I took an uber. It's not that easy since most of the drivers don't have American visa. I got luck because my driver was an American citizen and drove me to the bridge as well waited until I complete my paperwork.
Hi!
Can you please share the details of your Uber drive?
It is in the APP probably...
I want to do the flag-polling too in peace bridge...
So maybe I can send this driver a message regarding this...
Thank you!

heena303

Apr 19, 2016
Hi

I have questions. I cant drive and i have to hire taxi to complete landing procedure. I have friend who drive UBER. In your case, is uber driver canadian citizen? Did uber driver cross USA border at peace bridge with you? Did officer ask any question to Uber driver?? Did officer ask passport of uber driver?