+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing at Montreal/Toronto airport

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hi, my in-laws will come Canada and perform landing at either Montreal or Toronto airport, while they are in transit on the way to their preferred city of settlement (in Ontario). They do not have to come out of the airport and collect their baggage, as those will be handled by the airlines. I am wondering if anyone has any lead regarding the landing information :-

1. Can one do landing while they are in transit, if yes, I guess they need to exit the security and check-in again right?
2. How long does it takes? Is 4 hours or more transit is enough?
3. They will be coming to Ontario to settle, in case they come to Montreal airport is there anything that they need to produce to prove they have not intention to settle in Qubec (my MIL, not FIL, has valid Ontario Photo Id, with our home address to prove their intention).
4. any other things to keep in mind.

FraKra

Nov 7, 2023
Québec
Category........
FAM
If you have a connection flight you don't need to exit. I always fly to MTL at a certain point they ask you if you have a connection flight but of course there are panels everywhere too. So no need to worry.

Reactions: happyCanadian

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
If you have a connection flight you don't need to exit. I always fly to MTL at a certain point they ask you if you have a connection flight but of course there are panels everywhere too. So no need to worry.
Thanks for the reply. I know normally while travelling we do not need to exit. My question is for Landing, could that be done before leaving security?

FraKra

Nov 7, 2023
Québec
Category........
FAM
Thanks for the reply. I know normally while travelling we do not need to exit. My question is for Landing, could that be done before leaving security?
At the connection you wont pass the customs as far as I remember so landing should be made at final Destination.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is this in general requre to land in Quebec or this is required when the intention is to live in Quebec?
The info you were given is wrong. No CSQ is needed. You are fine.

Reactions: PhdStream

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
At the connection you wont pass the customs as far as I remember so landing should be made at final Destination.
No, this is wrong. Landing is always at the first port of entry. You have to pass through customs at your first point of entry, even if you are transitting to another city in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my in-laws will come Canada and perform landing at either Montreal or Toronto airport, while they are in transit on the way to their preferred city of settlement (in Ontario). They do not have to come out of the airport and collect their baggage, as those will be handled by the airlines. I am wondering if anyone has any lead regarding the landing information :-

1. Can one do landing while they are in transit, if yes, I guess they need to exit the security and check-in again right?
2. How long does it takes? Is 4 hours or more transit is enough?
3. They will be coming to Ontario to settle, in case they come to Montreal airport is there anything that they need to produce to prove they have not intention to settle in Qubec (my MIL, not FIL, has valid Ontario Photo Id, with our home address to prove their intention).
4. any other things to keep in mind.
It is impossible to know how long will be needed for landing because it depends who else is landing at the same time. Yes they will need to go through security and check in again for their next flight. Proof of onward travel is enough to show you will not be staying in Quebec. I would recommend landing earlier on in the day if possible so if you do run into delays there may be a later flight available. I would also try to avoid flying right before the school year starts.

Reactions: PhdStream