+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Labour Market Opinion

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys/girls
please inform me ...what is validity of LMO-Labour Market Opinion .....actually now i am on work visa in canada...and my work permit is going to expire in August ...but i am thinking of applying for PR-permanent residence in May .....it will take 10-12 months for the visa office to give me decision...but in september i will have to renew my work visa...then i will have to go through LMO again...please tell me can i conduct LMO in May for the PR and use the same LMO in september for getting my new Work Permit.........

or
you suggest me the way i can use the same LMO after four months.........if not what in minimum time for which i can use LMO

Please please I need your help....please help me

Heena

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Heena -

LMOs are valid for 6 months, but can only be used once. They are for temporary work permits, not for permanent residence applications. Not sure what PR program it is you are thinking of applying for ... ?

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But i think HRSDC will consider the LMO before issuing the confirmation of job offer....when you are applying under the Arranged Employment category.....so it is related to permanent residence

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It is relevant to obtaining a temporary work permit (TWP). If you obtain a TWP and begin working in Canada, you then have 2 options (SW2, Arranged Employment, and SW3, Temporary Worker/Student) under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program, this is true. But in that case the LMO is not the required document for the FSW application, the TWP is.

But there are 2 types of "arranged employment" for SW2. One, as mentioned above, is if you are already working in Canada.

The other is if you have a job offer, have not yet come to Canada, and want to apply directly for permanent residence. Then the employer has to apply to HRSDC for an AEO (arranged employment opinion), not an LMO.

Since the reason you want an LMO is to renew your TWP, your application will be the first type. But it is your employer that has to apply for the LMO. They are tight these days, it is true. But you have to go for it.

For your PR application, you require a valid TWP to apply (which you already have), and at the time the application is approved, so you do need to renew your work permit. So you can apply in May before you renew your permit, but it will be contingent on getting a new permit.

For more info, read here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-employment.asp

Application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

Document Checklist
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
actually ..i completed my post graduate diploma ( 8 months ) from a popular college in canada. now iam on open work permit....which valid till august...i am working with a company of 2 employees ....including me.....my employer is ready to give me arranged employment...and i am in canada now......
................what are the chances for POSITIVE LMO for an employer of 2 employees....

..........................then he is ready to provide me permanent position in his company......

................................do i need certain minimum experience before i can apply for PR ......

as i will have to wait for the decision from CIC for PR.....during that time i will have to renew my Post graduation open work permit.....

do my employer need a LMO for renew my visa...........
.....but without any experience .....with arranged employment ....i have 69 points .....and my category is under 0111----1113 0r 1114.........do i need experience still if i do
plz do help me......

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are looking to apply as an FSW, you can apply under category 3, someone who has been in Canada for 12 months (that is after you have been in Canada for 12 months including your time at college and later working) or if your employer applies for an AEO for you, you can apply right away under category 2, gives you more points too. AEO's are easier to get than LMO's.

However, to qualify for FSW, you do not just need more than 67 points, you also need at least one year continuous skilled work experience in any skilled job at any time in the last 10 years. If you don't have that, then you can't apply.

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello Leon .....
i have been living in Canada for more than 12 months ...first as a student..then as a worker............i am on open work permit after post garduation certificate...........and working with a small sized company.......for last three months......but i read on the cic site all the applicant must have 1 years experience.......does not matter what category it is.......my employer is ready to offer me permanent job offer......do i need 1 year experience before i can apply for PR....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elegant.heena said:
hello Leon .....
i have been living in Canada for more than 12 months ...first as a student..then as a worker............i am on open work permit after post garduation certificate...........and working with a small sized company.......for last three months......but i read on the cic site all the applicant must have 1 years experience.......does not matter what category it is.......my employer is ready to offer me permanent job offer......do i need 1 year experience before i can apply for PR....
You need at least 1 year continuous skilled work experience to apply under FSW. If you have that from before you came to Canada, that is ok too.

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
should the 1 year experience be related to my present job.....i used to be an academic instructor ..and staff trainer...but now i am working as a financial adviser after completing my 8 months post graduate certificate in finance....and my employer is ready to give me permanent job offer e.g. ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT..can i use the academic experience (academic instructor) to apply as an federal skilled worker NOC level "A"-financial advisor. and with arrnged employment i have 69 points..

waiting for your reply.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can. You will list all your skilled work experiences and get points accordingly but most important, you need to have a continuous at least one year in there somewhere. They will look at your AEO and make sure you are qualified to do the job but that is not a problem because you did your certificate and you are already doing the job anyway.

Gopino.1

Mar 8, 2010
Re: Initial queries on Labour Market Opinion

Hello there!

It's me Gopi, holding experince in marketingt about three years. Having applied for a job in CANADA through a leading consultancy in INDIA, o do have few queries, and it would be great if anyone of you could help me.

S a LMO something that we could apply for, directly to CANADIAN service or it has got something to do with employer?

It's been 1 and half months since applied for so, could anyone assist me, wat is E-LMO, LMO, how long would it take to be done? Who is supposed to get it done whether an employer or through consultancy?

I'm sorry i really have queried of lot of pieces, i was just physced beacuse i fear of this.

Waiting to hear from you buddies!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An LMO is something that the employer needs to apply for. He has to prove that he has advertised the job and not been able to find any Canadians or PR's and that he is offering market wage. The E-LMO takes less time but it depends on the job if you are eligible to get an E-LMO. The regular LMO can take about 6 weeks and sometimes longer. If the employer gets a positive LMO, you can use that to apply for your work permit. Your work permit will be tied to that job and that employer.

Gopino.1

Mar 8, 2010
Hello Leon!

I see that all my qiestions have been answered. Thank you ver much for clearing it up. By the way, wachoo doin?

Thanks,
Gopi