+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Waterloo Citizenship Applicants

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
After waiting for over 3 years, I finally saw the IN PROCESS update against the Oath ceremony category on my application yesterday, and it says the Oath ceremony is on November 6th. I am yet to receive an email confirming this and giving details of the ceremony(in person/virtual)etc. Is there anyone else here for November 6th? I have made travel plans as I was not expecting this update and now I am wondering if I should reschedule the ceremony. Are they receptive to such requests? I am told we are allowed to reschedule once. Any experiences with this?
If your reason is serious one they do accept. Others they don't. Rescheduling is tricky as many don't see the new date for 6+ months too. If you can reschedule your travel plans get your oath done.

Reactions: jinka

jinka

Oct 9, 2023
If your reason is serious one they do accept. Others they don't. Rescheduling is tricky as many don't see the new date for 6+ months too. If you can reschedule your travel plans get your oath done.
Thanks will definitely remember this…
Another question I had…

Is it possible to travel to Canada if the PR card has expired for the oath ceremony ?