+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

just wondering....a question about inland sponsorship

ay

Feb 11, 2010
Hello Everyone!

This website is very helpful and I wish I had discovered it before I applied to sponsor my husband.

Here is my situation, I am Canadian and I sponsored by husband from Greece. We sent our application back in August for sponsorship.

This week we received two letters; one to me confirming that I have been approved to sponsor him and the second one to him stating that he is eligible to apply for permanent resident status but a final decision will not be made until all requirements are met. It goes on to state that he is now able to apply for an open work permit and gives more details. ( We didn't know to send the application for open work permit until after we had sent our package)

I checked the website yesterday and it gives conflicting messages.

Using his ID # it says: Permanent resident application process: In Process....

But when you click on it, it says:

We received your application for permanent residence on August 5, 2009.

We started processing your application on September 1, 2009.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

When I check my ID it states again that the permanent residence application is still in process but when you click on it, it states:

We received XXXXXX's application for permanent residence on August 5, 2009.

We started processing XXXXXXXXXS's application on September 1, 2009.

A decision has been made and XXXXXXXXXXX will be contacted.

So I'm not sure if it means that his application is still being processed or an actual decision has been made and now we just need to wait for the letter to confirm it. Please me know your thoughts! It would be greatly appreciated. :D

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ay said:
Hello Everyone!

This website is very helpful and I wish I had discovered it before I applied to sponsor my husband.

Here is my situation, I am Canadian and I sponsored by husband from Greece. We sent our application back in August for sponsorship.

This week we received two letters; one to me confirming that I have been approved to sponsor him and the second one to him stating that he is eligible to apply for permanent resident status but a final decision will not be made until all requirements are met. It goes on to state that he is now able to apply for an open work permit and gives more details. ( We didn't know to send the application for open work permit until after we had sent our package)

I checked the website yesterday and it gives conflicting messages.

Using his ID # it says: Permanent resident application process: In Process....

But when you click on it, it says:

We received your application for permanent residence on August 5, 2009.

We started processing your application on September 1, 2009.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

When I check my ID it states again that the permanent residence application is still in process but when you click on it, it states:

We received XXXXXX's application for permanent residence on August 5, 2009.

We started processing XXXXXXXXXS's application on September 1, 2009.

A decision has been made and XXXXXXXXXXX will be contacted.

So I'm not sure if it means that his application is still being processed or an actual decision has been made and now we just need to wait for the letter to confirm it. Please me know your thoughts! It would be greatly appreciated. :D

HI, no worries, same happened to us, the "decision made" refers to the sponsorship application, (AIP), so I guess you have to wait for your background checks , so definitely you are close to the end, congrats! You should be happy!

jaundice_p

Jul 30, 2008
Hi, from what u've said....there's no problem...all that is happening is that the mail arrive before they've consider updating their wesite...most time it will take them months to update info on the website...depending on the office...u have no issues to worry about. You can still send in a work permit application for your husband to them ..its never too late....just let them know that u have an inland application in process in their office...they will tie the two together but i hope u know it may takes upto 6 months for him to be issued with the work permit.... attached a copy of the letter u've just recived from them and any other necessary document wit it and it shall be well. hold on to hope and things may work out alot faster for u...u never know....if u like koolaid...go get some, drink and relax...u r on course.
Best of luck.

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
hello, I was reading your post, it seems a a big part of this adventure is over you.Nice! I post something, canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-story-t34960.0.html, I wonder if you have some piece of advice for me since you already have gone through this process. I am greek too and my husband is Canadian. If I am not being indiscreet, did your spouse find a way to work in Canada while waiting for immigration? Thank you