+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just realized that my PR card has expired! I am in Canada right now

vansky

Oct 17, 2012
I just realized that my PR card has expired. my pregnancy must make my brain stop working, cannot believe I forgot about such important thing. I am in canada right now, and has fullfilled all the residency requirements. Can I renew my PR card through 'normal process"? or I need to fill special/additional forms? am I in trouble now?

thanks for all helps!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you're not in trouble. As long as you've met the residency obligation (lived in Canada 2 out of 5 years) you'll be fine. Just apply for a new card using the normal process. Absolutely no need to worry. :)

vansky

Oct 17, 2012
scylla said:
No - you're not in trouble. As long as you've met the residency obligation (lived in Canada 2 out of 5 years) you'll be fine. Just apply for a new card using the normal process. Absolutely no need to worry. :)
thanks so much for the reply.

Samina201

Oct 25, 2012
Hi

I was the victim of immigration fraud. I met someone and got married. I figured out he was a Refugee after 2 years and after getting his approval for PR Card, he ditched me and detached himself from the family. Now he no longer lives with me. I informed Police authorities and Border Agency, and at the same time I reported to Citizenship and Immigration Fraud. He lives in Pakistan now and Police authorities has told me that he may come back to Canada next year of April. He has not divorced me yet. He has 3 years condition on his PR Card which means he cannot get married neither in his back home nor in Canada for the next 33 years.. I asked him to give me divorced if he doesn't want to live with me and he said he would not live with me and at the same he wouldn't divorce me.

Now how do I get Canadian Authorities to stop him from coming back to Canada. I already have reported against him to CIC, Border Agency and Police Authorities. Any suggestions apart from that?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samina201 said:
Hi

I was the victim of immigration fraud. I met someone and got married. I figured out he was a Refugee after 2 years and after getting his approval for PR Card, he ditched me and detached himself from the family. Now he no longer lives with me. I informed Police authorities and Border Agency, and at the same time I reported to Citizenship and Immigration Fraud. He lives in Pakistan now and Police authorities has told me that he may come back to Canada next year of April. He has not divorced me yet. He has 3 years condition on his PR Card which means he cannot get married neither in his back home nor in Canada for the next 33 years.. I asked him to give me divorced if he doesn't want to live with me and he said he would not live with me and at the same he wouldn't divorce me.

Now how do I get Canadian Authorities to stop him from coming back to Canada. I already have reported against him to CIC, Border Agency and Police Authorities. Any suggestions apart from that?
As far as I know, he doesn't have to agree to the divorce. See a lawyer and file for divorce yourself.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Samina201 said:
Sorry about your situation.

There's really nothing more you can do. CIC may chose to do something with the information you've provided and revoke his PR status. Or they may do nothing and allow him to keep his PR status. (Unfortunately the latter is probably more likely.)

As Leon has suggested, I don't see any reason why you can't be the one to start divorce proceedings from Canada.

karran71

Oct 26, 2012
scylla said:
HI, I am in Canada and my PR card will expire end of October. I have applied for citizenship and gone through the citizenship test on July 2012. Should I wait for my citizenship or should I renew my PR? Thank you.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
You're not required to have the card as long as you remain in Canada. It's near the bottom of this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

If you plan to travel, you'll want the PR card to return to Canada until your citizenship is complete.