+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got my IELTS score- Should I wait till I hear from Scotia Nova Office?

vijaychennai

Mar 30, 2009
Hello friends,
I submitted all my immigration documents to Scotia Nova on June 16th. At the time of submission of my documents, I did not take my IELTS exam. I took it on June 23rd and just got my results. I haven't heard anything from the Immigration Center from Scotia Nova yet on my documents. Here are my questions.

1. How long does it typically take for the initial email to be sent from Scotia Nova Immigration Center?
2. Should I wait till I hear from the Scotia Nova Immigration Center or should I go ahead and send the IELTS score? Since I don't have any case number, I fear my IELTS score may be lost
3. If so, should I send the original score?

Kindly advise.

Thanks,
Vijay

AkkDivz

Star Member
May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
21-01-2010
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
22-02-2010
Med's Done....
08-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2010
LANDED..........
Yet to land
1) The time frame to receive a reply from CIO as per people`s experiences on this forum has been anywhere between 1 month and 2 months.(lets say the average is 45 days)

2) No need to send your IELTS score to Nova Scotia.

Keep it with you ; if your case is recommended for further processing by the CIO , then you will have to submit the ielts result as one of the documents in your application to the local visa office (New Delhi) .

So for now, just chill and wait for the reply from CIO , NS.

vijaychennai

Mar 30, 2009
AkkDivz said:
1) The time frame to receive a reply from CIO as per people`s experiences on this forum has been anywhere between 1 month and 2 months.(lets say the average is 45 days)

2) No need to send your IELTS score to Nova Scotia.

Keep it with you ; if your case is recommended for further processing by the CIO , then you will have to submit the ielts result as one of the documents in your application to the local visa office (New Delhi) .

So for now, just chill and wait for the reply from CIO , NS.
Thanks for the reply. As you said I will wait for the case number. But I am currently in the United States, so I don't quite understand what you mean by "submit the ielts result as one of the documents in your application to the local visa office (new delhi). In my case, I would have to send it to Scotia nova, right? And should I send the original IELTS score?

AkkDivz

Star Member
May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
21-01-2010
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
22-02-2010
Med's Done....
08-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2010
LANDED..........
Yet to land
After the CIO finds your application eligible for further processing, it will ask you to send the full application along with all documents (work exp,education,fund proof,etc) to your local visa office.

Now in order to determine, which visa office you should send in your application package, pls refer to:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

vijaychennai

Mar 30, 2009
AkkDivz said:
After the CIO finds your application eligible for further processing, it will ask you to send the full application along with all documents (work exp,education,fund proof,etc) to your local visa office.

Now in order to determine, which visa office you should send in your application package, pls refer to:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp
Thank you very much.

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
@ Vijay - I think after Nova Scotia approve your application, you will have to submit your IELTS test report along with other documents to Buffalo office......correct me if I am wrong guys?

I trust this helps.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
rajnik1976 said:
@ Vijay - I think after Nova Scotia approve your application, you will have to submit your IELTS test report along with other documents to Buffalo office......correct me if I am wrong guys?

I trust this helps.
that is correct.

AkkDivz

Star Member
May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
21-01-2010
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
22-02-2010
Med's Done....
08-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2010
LANDED..........
Yet to land
only if he has been staying there atleast since the last one year ...

Applicants for Permanent Residence
You must apply in your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
AkkDivz said:

You must apply in your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year.
Well, NS will reject it if he doesn't fulfill the requirement to apply through Buffalo.
It is not that he has to be staying in US for at least one year but he should have a non-visitor's visa that is at least one year long. My understanding is that a person can apply to Canada with Buffalo as their visa office as soon as they land in the US, provided their visa is a non-visitor's visa that is longer than one year. I hope I am not wrong here.

AkkDivz

Star Member
May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
21-01-2010
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
22-02-2010
Med's Done....
08-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2010
LANDED..........
Yet to land
Rupesh, check the below out carefully:

Technically speaking , date when legally admitted = arrival date into country which is stamped on passport.

Anyway, i dont think we really need to debate on this provided vijaychennai has already got his answer.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
AkkDivz said:

AkkDivz said:
Rupesh, check the below out carefully:

Technically speaking , date when legally admitted = arrival date into country which is stamped on passport.

Anyway, i dont think we really need to debate on this provided vijaychennai has already got his answer.
Rupeshhari is correct.
Legally admitted means that the person arrived (on the arrival date) and is allowed to stay in that country for a year. Doesn't mean the person has already stayed for a year already (just like when someone says they have been admitted into a degree program, it doesn't mean they have the degree already). Your last message does not contradict what Rupeshhari said, but your previous message is wrong.
This has been well discussed in previous threads.