+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just finished 2 years program. Confused! Help!

jessxgc

Mar 3, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have been reading some topics and researching but still finding it all a bit confusing.

I have finished a 2 yrs program in International Business and now I am applying for post-graduate work permit (3 years). With zero work experience, I am currently trying to find a job in positions such as retail, administrative assistant and receptionist (entry level jobs).

1) What would be your advice as to what kind of jobs with potential of growth should I be looking for as a starter so I can reach a job that is on the list for CEC?

2) I still dont understand this whole NOC 0, A, B thing. I have checked some files regarding this and still cant quite figure out how it works. Can somebody explain it to me?

3) How does working in certain provinces differs regardings more chance of getting a PR from the CEC? I have heard in Ontario is the hardest. How come? If it's easier in another province, I am thinking of moving (after getting one year work experience here in any job) and get one of the skilled jobs there, working for a year or more to apply.

Any other recommendations are very welcomed! I am so sorry if these could be found easily, I have been looking for it and was just getting more confused.

I appreciate your time and help!

Regards

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Please see my comments in blue.

Good luck!

jessxgc said:
Hello everyone,

I have been reading some topics and researching but still finding it all a bit confusing.

I have finished a 2 yrs program in International Business and now I am applying for post-graduate work permit (3 years). With zero work experience, I am currently trying to find a job in positions such as retail, administrative assistant and receptionist (entry level jobs).

1) What would be your advice as to what kind of jobs with potential of growth should I be looking for as a starter so I can reach a job that is on the list for CEC? Any skilled jobs in NOC 0, A or B are acceptable for CEC. Now what kind of NOC 0, A or B job you are aiming for would depend on your career goals.

2) I still dont understand this whole NOC 0, A, B thing. I have checked some files regarding this and still cant quite figure out how it works. Can somebody explain it to me? Depending on work experience and education requirements, Employment and Social Development Canada (formerly known as Human resources Development Canada) has categorized all jobs or occupations into different NOC categories. Please check http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx for more details.

3) How does working in certain provinces differs regardings more chance of getting a PR from the CEC? I have heard in Ontario is the hardest. How come? If it's easier in another province, I am thinking of moving (after getting one year work experience here in any job) and get one of the skilled jobs there, working for a year or more to apply. Each province has its own provincial nominee programs. Some provinces have a more flexible or welcoming provincial nominee programs in comparison to others. Please check www.cic.gc.ca for more information on provincial nominee programs.

Any other recommendations are very welcomed! I am so sorry if these could be found easily, I have been looking for it and was just getting more confused. It is best to start off your research for immigration using www.cic.gc.ca. There is a determine your eligibility tool on the website which is a helpful guide in determining an immigration category most suitable for you. Start your research by carefully exploring all the information on www.cic.gc.ca. You can also look into various provincial nominee programs and again the links are available on www.cic.gc.ca or you can just Google them.

I appreciate your time and help!

Regards

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jessxgc said:
2) I still dont understand this whole NOC 0, A, B thing. I have checked some files regarding this and still cant quite figure out how it works. Can somebody explain it to me?
In Canada, very occupation is assigned an NOC for statistical purposes. NOCs O, A, and B are considered skilled, NOCs C/D unskilled.

This should help -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/html/Matrix.html